ED10R2 software issues

digiface

ED10R2 software issues

Post by digiface »

Mac monterey 12.6, latest firmware 2.3.1.16. It's not saving user presets and is a total drag on nmy music production atm. I upgraded from an old version a few months ago and sent an email but didnt hear back. Thought it might be the transaction id requirement so tried that form but nothing happens. Should I downgrade firmware for the ED10R2? If so what version? Thanks
Rob
Site Admin

Re: ED10R2 software issues

Post by Rob »

I'm pretty sure that firmware version saves presets just fine. Does the UI show an error when you try to save a new preset?

I remember there was a bug with the version 2.3.0.9 macOS installer, but that's definitely been fixed.
digiface

Post by digiface »

Sorry, didnt think I'd had a reply. In drum map presets I choose duplicate on a factory preset and it says copied to user presets, but it hasn't. In device snapshots, either using auto save device settings or not, I can create a preset called 'test custom notes 60 thresh' and make assignments that match that description, check use custom load options and check all the options, click the save button in that section, and with auto save on then go back to 'test custom notes 60 thresh' and choose overwrite from device. Then, do the whole procedure again for a different device snapshot with different settings. Then, load 'test custom notes 60 thresh' again by sending to device, and it still shows the settings from the second one I created so has not saved. I wonder if this could be an icloud issue - does it store everything to the device or is there a location it's saving to on my computer?
digiface

Post by digiface »

found the answer to that in the manual "The settings from the device are then downloaded and stored to your computer". Will try to see where it's saving to
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

So it sounds like you want to create a device snapshot.

1. Make all the adjustments you want to the be stored in the snapshot.
2. Open the Preset Manager and click on the icon of your ED10.
4. Click 'New Preset', and call it 'New Preset 1'.
5. Make all the adjustments for another snapshot.
6. Open the Preset Manager and click on the icon of your ED10.
7. Click 'New Preset', and call it 'New Preset 2'.
8. Double click on 'New Preset 1'

The settings from New Preset 1 will be loaded.

9. Double click 'New Preset 2'

The settings from New Preset 2 will be loaded.

10. Make more changes to the settings.
11. Open the Preset Manager and click on the icon of your ED10 and highlight 'New Preset 2'.
12. Click the 'Overwrite Preset' icon

New Preset 2 will now contain all the settings currently on your device.

Hope that helps.
digiface

Post by digiface »

Maybe my message wasn't clear but that's what Im doing and it's not saving. As device snapshots has more steps and so more room for user error it's probably better to focus on the simpler part in my message first "In drum map presets I choose duplicate on a factory preset and it says copied to user presets, but it hasn't" ?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

In your original post, you said you were using firmware version 2.3.1.16, but you didn't specify what version the control application you were using. I suspect you are using an older version of the Control Application that has a bug which has already been fixed. I just tested with the latest version of the control application and I'm able to duplicated drum maps without issue. Please update your control application and let me know if the issue persists.

https://www.audiofront.net/downloads.php
digiface

Post by digiface »

It says 2.3.1 build 16 in About, was latest at the time I updated both I think but see there is now build 32 so will update and see later
digiface

Post by digiface »

FYI I got version 2.3.1.16 of the control application working again by deleting the .AudioFront directory and reinstalling the application, then put my deviceSettings directory back in (after creating a new device setting and seeing where it should go). My old .AudioFront file structure was pretty different so maybe it was a paths issue. Anyway, very happy to have it working again