Lag on one of my two edrumin 8s

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Lag on one of my two edrumin 8s

Post by Rob »

I just had a quick look, and there are safeguards to prevent invalid memory access, so that's not the problem.

Here are some things I would try.

1. Updated to version 2.3.0.12 (from the downloads page). I fixed an that was causing a continuous stream of note off messages to be sent.

2. I see that your hihat cymbal in connected to one device, and the hihat controller is connected to the other. You should move your hihat controller to the same device as your hihat cymbal so that the two can properly communicate.

3. Go the xTalk setting for the host port and turn it down. That's probably what's muting your kick.
Host Port Crosstalk Cancellation

image.png
image.png (154.55 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

And the last part of the mystery is that the Drum-Tec Trigger Tube is not (electronically) designed the same at the Roland BT-1, and is therefore not compatible with the BT-1 pad type (as least not in xTalk Mode). You should probably set its 'Input Mode' to 'mono'.
Input Type

image.png
image.png (14.96 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
mggallagher

Post by mggallagher »

Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:36 pm
And the last part of the mystery is that the Drum-Tec Trigger Tube is not (electronically) designed the same at the Roland BT-1, and is therefore not compatible with the BT-1 pad type (as least not in xTalk Mode). You should probably set its 'Input Mode' to 'mono'.
Input Type

image.png
Thanks, Rob. I've set it up as a rubber pad for now. It had changed itself to being Floor Tom 3 somehow and had an exclamation mark on it -not sure if that is related. As for the hihat and kick problem, I haven't had a chance to check that yet as I just changed my hihats for the ATV aD-H14's and I can't get them working but I posted that in the Technical Support subforum.
mggallagher

Post by mggallagher »

Never mind, I managed to fix my hihat in the end. Not really sure what I was doing wrong though but sorted at last. Thanks again for all your help, Rob!