Best mesh heads

mariosxidakis83

Best mesh heads

Post by mariosxidakis83 »

Hi every one,I want to ask if you can recommend mesh heads for electronic drums.
I recently learn that 3 ply are not compatible with position sensitive!
Any thoughts of what can give the most of my jobeky triggers?
perceval

Re: Best mesh heads

Post by perceval »

Double post.

But here goes...

who told you 3-ply mesh can not give PS?

I'm starting to think e-drum forums are becoming as bad as hi-end audio forums!

I have heavy single ply, 2-ply and 3-ply.
I'd say maybe a bit more buzzing is going to the eDRUMin module with a 3-ply, but the software is able to go through that and give you good triggering, ... and PS.

1-ply: more rebound
2-ply: middle rebound
3-ply: less rebound

Get what you can, according to your location, availability, and feel.
mariosxidakis83

Post by mariosxidakis83 »

Bob himself said (at one post) that 3ply mesh have a lot of "noise" and this doesn't help position sensitive...
Ronyd

Post by Ronyd »

mariosxidakis83 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:09 pm
Bob himself said (at one post) that 3ply mesh have a lot of "noise" and this doesn't help position sensitive...
GoEdrum heads are the the best IMO. 2ply and feel great. Unless you have the $$ for the Rolands, I think GoEdrum.
monospace

Post by monospace »

I'm using a Drum-Tec "Real Feel" 3-ply head on my DIY modded Hart Acusnare and it triggers perfectly, including positional sensing. In fact, it's waaaay better than the 2-ply head I used before.

With regard to hotspots, keep in mind that 3-ply heads, when properly tensioned, are a lot stiffer than 2-ply, drastically reducing hotspots without even enabling that option on the eDRUMin.

That said, using 3-ply heads on anything other than a snare is overkill IMO.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

I like the Billy Blast 3 ply. I bought a full set for my 5 piece kit
Mstrchf

Post by Mstrchf »

I would recommend SpareDrum Mesh heads available from shops like vybedrums.nl

https://youtu.be/B5YjZ3Big_g?si=HKBowFVLbkxnFM_P

I use the 22" 2ply and the mesh quality seems near identical to my drumtec heads. If i were starting again i would have bought a full set of them instead of paying the extra for Drumtec's.

Don't buy cheap like Z-ed. I used these for years before getting drumtecs. The mesh is not as fine and the trampoline effect is bad.

Just to reinforce what other people have said. I use a 14" 3 ply Drumtec on my center mounted snare trigger. While the positional accuracy may not be as good as with a 2 ply, when you get to 14" in size or above, the extra tension and playing feel is a fair trade off and the PS is still very usable.

Roland use 3 ply on their 14" digital snares and 16" floor toms so it's just about getting them dialled in.
Edrumin 10 - UA Volt 276 - Macbook Pro 2013 - EZDrummer3 -
Roland VH-10 HiHat - CY-14 Crash x2 - Lemon 18" Ride - A2E Remo Bravo - Drone Halo Triggers -
14" Snare DrumTec 3ply - 10" 14" 2ply 22" SpareDrum 2ply - KDB-200
Dxtrinc

Post by Dxtrinc »

I've been using the 682Drums heads for a while now and I love them.

They are 3 ply and well built and they are much much more reasonable price wise. I've been beating them the heck out of them and had no issues.

https://682drums.com/product-category/m ... all-sizes/
javiercarrillo

Post by javiercarrillo »

+1 on SD heads. I bought the 3-ply ones and they give a great experience and have no problem with PS on eDrumin 10.