My Pad is too hot!

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
mprinz

Re: My Pad is too hot!

Post by mprinz »

Hi CapCrunch,

just grab a box of those blueish or brownish resistors on Amazon. You get a few hundred pieces with different values for a few bugs.
Or the same as potientiometers ... I used the voltage devider setup R1=220 kohms / R2=20 kohms to scale the signal to R1/(R1+R2) = 92%.
But I've also read about people, who constantly use potentiometers to adjust the head/rim ratio online.

Best regards
CapCrunch

Post by CapCrunch »

I'd looked at this topic before but didn't notice there was a 3rd page until now. Would it be possible to give an Amazon link (very green in this area)? Thanks for the suggestions.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

For the resistors? Where are you?
CapCrunch

Post by CapCrunch »

Again, sorry for the delayed response. Been away from focusing on Edrumin and how to make it work better with my diy setup. It's either too much crosstalk or not sensitive enough for light rolls. It could be that I don't really understand all the settings of Edrumin. I'm in the USA.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Hi,

sorry since I noticed the that the input stages from the eDRUMin10 are optimized I connected every hot pad to it.
And everything is working perfectly!

My last efforts on the edrumin4 that delivered nice results with a 1M ohm resistor parallel to the rim sensors... or... I dont know.
If you need more info, I have to search for the post or my notes....
Rory.Hughes

Post by Rory.Hughes »

Hi,

Thank you for the Info.

Please may I get a recommendation for the resistor wattage. Should I reduce the heat with 1/4w, 1/2w or 1w?

Cheers!

Rory