Problems with ATV adh 14 hi hat

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
Bedroomrockstar89

Problems with ATV adh 14 hi hat

Post by Bedroomrockstar89 »

I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose my issue. I'm using the edrumin 8. Basically, my ATV 14" hi hat is only registering about 50% of my hits. The pedal works totally fine, just the hits are constantly mis-triggering. I've already tried troubleshooting by plugging my crash cymbal and tom 1 into my hi hat input on the edrumin, while keeping the hi hat pedal input plugged into the module, and both of the other pads trigger all of the hi hat hits perfectly. I've also used a 3rd party application that tracks midi signals to confirm that the hits aren't physically registering as midi which tells me the module isn't the problem either. I just sent the hi hat back to the store I bought it from since it's technically still under warranty and they've said that can't find anything wrong with it and that it's triggering perfectly with the Roland TD27 module they used to test it. Here are some screen shots of my hi hat settings within the edrumin app if that helps, although I've tried basically every different setting without any luck. I'm out of ideas!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.34.54 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.34.54 AM.png (450.43 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.34.47 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.34.47 AM.png (524.85 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Problems with ATV adh 14 hi hat

Post by Rob »

Can you hit the edge of your hihat with a medium force and then take another screenshot of the hihat cymbal settings so I can see what the transient for the hihat looks like.
Bedroomrockstar89

Hey Rob, I’ll get a screenshot tomorrow when the hi hat gets returned
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Most likely the issue is that you are getting double triggering, and the quieter mistriggers are effectively muting the real hits. I suspect you'll need to adjust the decay control.

If you haven't watched this already...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9_w32TWKZ0
Bedroomrockstar89

Hey Rob, got it working well now thanks so much for the video. It was a combo of having my crosstalk set too high (I didn't actually need any) as well as the threshold and some tweaking to the transient scanning controls. Cheers!