2 Hi-Hat Pads

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
das961

2 Hi-Hat Pads

Post by das961 »

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I did some searches and could not find anything. I just purchased an eDrumin 10 and love it. I'm still tweaking things but it only seems to get better. I have one area that I can't solve. Originally, I was using a Roland TD-20 and a Roland TD-8 with the TD-8 midi out going to the TD-20, midi in and the TD-20 midi out going to my computer, running Superior Drummer 3. I've eliminated the TD-8, and now the TD-20 midi out goes to the eDrumin 10 midi in, and then to my computer. I have 2 hi-hat pads. Originally, I had one going to the TD-20 and one going to the TD-8. I have a Roland FD-7 pedal, which was connected to the TD-20 in the first setup. With that setup, the foot pedal would control both hi-hat pads with no issue. Now I have the pedal connected to the eDrumin 10, with one pad connected to the TD-20 and one to the eDrumin 10. The pad connected to the eDrumin 10 works fine. The pad connected to the TD-20 only triggers the open note and edge notes. The pedal has no effect on the pad notes. What do I need to do to have the hi-hat pedal control both hi-hat pads? Both pads are set to the same bow and edge midi notes.
das961

Re: 2 Hi-Hat Pads

Post by das961 »

Well, I finally figured it out. Apparently, Roland modules have their hi-hat control tied to input # 7. I had the second hi-hat pad on input #7, so it was waiting for control from the hi-hat controller tied to the input. I moved the pad to another trigger input, and now it works fine.