Lag on one of my two edrumin 8s

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
mggallagher

Lag on one of my two edrumin 8s

Post by mggallagher »

Hi there,

I am suddenly experiencing noticeable lag on one of my two edrumin 8s, the one I have my toms connected to. I'm using SD3 with it and have gone through the usual set-up.

Currently I have one acting as a host for the other. Would having both connect to a USB hub help solve this issue maybe?

It just happened since I connected a drum-tec bar to use as a cowbell (I set it up as a BT-3 since that's what it's based on) and I tried it on both Sensor and X-Talk modes but all pads on this module are laggy.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Lag on one of my two edrumin 8s

Post by Rob »

mggallagher wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:21 pm
It just happened since I connected a drum-tec bar to use as a cowbell (I set it up as a BT-3 since that's what it's based on) and I tried it on both Sensor and X-Talk modes but all pads on this module are laggy.
I'll see if I can reproduce the issue next week. It's likely a bug. If you are using x-talk mode, make sure it's properly linked to your snare and then power cycle the unit.
mggallagher

Post by mggallagher »

I managed to fix it by powering off and on my edrumins by pulling the USB cable. Rebooting apps and the computer didn't help. I also lost sound completely at one point and could only restore it the same way. Edrumin app was receiving signal but nothing else.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Looks like there must be a bug in there where the device can try access invalid memory. I'll take a look next week.
mggallagher

Post by mggallagher »

Hi Rob,

Hope it's fine to reply here instead of in a new thread (but feel free to move if you think it merits its own discussion) but I'm noticing that sometimes my kick drum (KD-10) isn't registering every hit if I'm triggering the hi-hat pedal (and hitting it) at the same time. In case it's not clear what I was trying to do, I was aiming to play this https://youtu.be/7TvhVB5srxw?si=FENZLcvU9MiK0U0Y&t=505.

I even tried to recalibrate the kick drum but the issues persists.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Turn down its xtalk control.
mggallagher

Post by mggallagher »

Hi Rob,

I just tried that but it is still happening. Here are my settings for the kick drum:

Attachments
image.png
image.png (144.5 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Kick looks good. Can I see your hihat?
mggallagher

Post by mggallagher »

Here it is
image.png
image.png (246.6 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
mggallagher

Post by mggallagher »

Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:17 am
Looks like there must be a bug in there where the device can try access invalid memory. I'll take a look next week.
So regarding this one, what happened just now was, the Drum Tec bar (pseudo BT-3) had reset itself somehow to being a snare. When I changed it back to being a BT-3 and assigned it as a jam block, that's when I lost the sound of the actual snare and everything else became incredbly laggy all of a sudden.