Bass Drum Double Stroke Mistrigger

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
alexanderdavlin

Bass Drum Double Stroke Mistrigger

Post by alexanderdavlin »

I use the edrumin 4 and i have a splitter on an input with two kick triggers running through it. i use the ontrigger pedal triggers, so they sense when my pedal bottoms out rather than the vibration of my head. I play double strokes on my feet up to around 260 bpm and i get double triggering when i’m playing basic beats. the problem is that when i get rid of double triggering with double strokes, i get double triggering when i play slow. there’s no re-trigger cancel setting in the software so i don’t know how to fix. help pls.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Bass Drum Double Stroke Mistrigger

Post by Rob »

alexanderdavlin wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:47 pm
when i get rid of double triggering with double strokes, i get double triggering when i play slow
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I take it that the biggest issue is "I get double triggering when I play slow". This probably stems from the way those triggers works more than anything. They will tend to trigger even when the pedal is oscillating and the beater is not necessarily hitting the drum head, but there are lots of tools in the eDRUMin software to take care of the problem.

Have you watched this video yet?
https://youtu.be/v9_w32TWKZ0

Also this forum post might help you out.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=569