ED10 not upgrading or downgrading

A collection of useful threads for troubleshooting issues.
tjheller

ED10 not upgrading or downgrading

Post by tjheller »

No matter what I do I can't get the ED10 to upgrade/downgrade 2.1/2.2/2.3. I went from 2.1 to 2.3 once (on PC) and then somehow got it back to 2.1 after I started having trouble. (Midi stops after a few strikes on any pad in anything higher than 2.1) I can't troubleshoot the midi dropping because I can't successfully move between versions. I have 8 ED4s and I can upgrade and downgrade them all at will. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I've tried on Mac and PC, I've tried completely removing the program and starting with a fresh install. I'm NOT using a hub for any up/downgrading. I get the same error message on both Mac and PC. It says error, un plug and re plug your edrumin. Things actually work really well on the build of 2.1 that I'm using on the ED10 but I'd hate to miss out on future updates. I really can't imagine why I have no trouble with the ED4s either. Please Help.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: ED10 not upgrading or downgrading

Post by Rob »

When did you buy your ED10?
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I bought it 4-26-2023 from you in the last round before they were out of stock again.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Does your system have separate USB 3 and USB 2 ports? You might want to try upgrading with the USB 2 port, if that's an option.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I tried usb 2 and 3 ports on the PC with same results, I'd thought of that. I actually have PC laptop, a PC desktop, a macbook pro and a Mac mini. Same behavior on all.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

There should be a file call MEC_Log.txt that gets copied to.your desktop. Can you paste that here or better yet, email it to support at audiofront dot net.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I did not notice that but it is there, ill email it to you.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I sent the log from the PC laptop, you'll see the original successful upgrade 2.3, several failed attempts to downgrade to 2.1 then a successful downgrade to 2.1 then many failed attempts to re upgrade to 2.3 so I could try to troubleshoot why it was dropping out after a few hits.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The cause of this problem was determined to be the ATV hi-hat controller. It's provides a constant power source into the eDRUMin witch interferences with the update process. The solution is to turn the ATV hi-hat controller off while performing firmware updates.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I was just about to update this thread with that exact info Rob, as usual you are on top of it! Thank you so much for all you do for all of us drum nerds!!!!