Some Issues (w/ EzDrummer3, Roland HR-30 dual trigger and Lemon HH)

LuanWMatos

Some Issues (w/ EzDrummer3, Roland HR-30 dual trigger and Lemon HH)

Post by LuanWMatos »

Hi guys!
I'm experiencing some issues with my Edrumin 10 and have decided to list them all in this post to avoid flooding the forum.

1 - I'm using EzDrummer 3 as a VST here, but there is no preset for it (only for Superior Drummer). So, I created a custom preset. The problem is that every time I reopen both programs (EzDrummer and Edrumin), the configuration I made is lost, and I have to redo most of the pads (cymbals and pads). How can I save it properly?

2 - I have a Roland dual trigger (RT-30HR) with two piezos in this trigger (one for the drum head and the other for the rim). When I try to use them separately, Edrumin recognizes it as a single trigger. Is there a way to change this?

3 - I have a Lemon HHC-12 hi-hat. The two issues I'm facing are that the overall volume is too low compared to the other parts of the drum kit, which have a great volume level, but the hi-hat does not. How can I increase the volume? Additionally, there are some issues with the configuration between the hi-hat, Edrumin, and EzDrummer. Is there a specific guide on hi-hat calibration? I watched the video about the Roland VH-13, and it was quite helpful, but I'm looking for something that discusses more detailed adjustments.

Thank you in advance!
Regards.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Some Issues (w/ EzDrummer3, Roland HR-30 dual trigger and Lemon HH)

Post by Rob »

LuanWMatos wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 am
1 - I'm using EzDrummer 3 as a VST here, but there is no preset for it (only for Superior Drummer). So, I created a custom preset. The problem is that every time I reopen both programs (EzDrummer and Edrumin), the configuration I made is lost, and I have to redo most of the pads (cymbals and pads). How can I save it properly?
I know it's not entirely intuitive. The preset you edit is on your computer, not the device. While you're editing, you hear the changes on the device, which is very useful, but only adds to the confusion. After you have saved your preset, you need to double click it (or click the load icon) to send it to the device. Again, I know it's confusing, but I don't have a better solution at the moment.
LuanWMatos wrote:
2 - I have a Roland dual trigger (RT-30HR) with two piezos in this trigger (one for the drum head and the other for the rim). When I try to use them separately, Edrumin recognizes it as a single trigger. Is there a way to change this?
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'use them separately'?' I suspect you'd want to put the input into 'dual mono' mode, but I suspect you might have trouble getting good separation.

Input Mode

LuanWMatos wrote:
3 - I have a Lemon HHC-12 hi-hat. The two issues I'm facing are that the overall volume is too low compared to the other parts of the drum kit, which have a great volume level, but the hi-hat does not. How can I increase the volume? Additionally, there are some issues with the configuration between the hi-hat, Edrumin, and EzDrummer. Is there a specific guide on hi-hat calibration? I watched the video about the Roland VH-13, and it was quite helpful, but I'm looking for something that discusses more detailed adjustments.
You'll need to make adjustments to the velocity curve controls. For a hihat, it's also nice to set independent curves for the tip and edge, which is described on page 24 (the next page in this link below).
Velocity Curves