Newbie questions

N2theSon

Newbie questions

Post by N2theSon »

I believe I am about the pull the trigger on an eDRUMINin 8 since I don't want to wait another month to finish reconfiguring my kit due to lack of current availability of the 10. I also don't think the additional cost would enable me to accomplish anything I can't with the 8, given my current and anticipated future needs. In this post I want to test the accuracy of my thinking. First, the pads with which I will be working:

Drums: all from an Alesis DM10 MKII Pro kit

Kick
Snare
3 regular toms
1 "special" tom to my left that I will use primarily as a 4th tom, but sometimes as an auxiliary snare

Cymbals: all Lemon except for one:

18" ride
15" ride, to be used as a crash/ride
13" crash
12" dual cymbal HH
16" Alesis DM10 MKII Pro ride to be used as a crash*

*Did I read correctly in another thread that bell sense doesn't work with the Alesis 16" ride?

Tentative eDRUMin input assignments, several split:

1 - High tom, kick
2 - Floor 1, floor 2
3 - Snare
4 - Dual purpose floor 3/aux snare
5 - 18" ride, 15" ride (crash/ride)**
6 - 13" crash 1, 16" crash 2 (Alesis ride bow/edge only)
7 - HH
8 - For future expansion

** Will bell sense allow both of these to function as bow/edge/bell on split mono input?

I don't need assigable second zone nor rim shot for kick or toms, so 1 & 2 are split mono. I want rim shot capability for main snare and aux snare, so each of these has its own stereo input. #5 is based on assumption that both of these cymbals can utilize bell sense.

So is my thinking legit or flawed? Any reason to give any of the pads I have on split channels its own stero channel? Please save me from myself if I am making any flawed assumptions here. Thanks in advance!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Rob »

Bell Sense is not supported on Lemon cymbals.
Bell Sense

Furthermore, cymbals in dual mono mode will each only trigger bow.
N2theSon

Post by N2theSon »

That's very disappointing but I appreciate the quick reply, Rob. So I guess my only option is to wait for the 10. Do you take advance orders so customer can "get in line"?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I do not take advanced orders. I have a system where you can sign up for a notification. Based on past experience, I don't think I'll even get through the backlog of notifications before they are sold out. Your best bet is to just check back in here every coupleof days. They should be available late March.