setting to get bell zone on hi hat

setting to get bell zone on hi hat

Post by TOP »

Hi All...
are there anyone luck to get bell zone on hi hat cymbal using eDRUMin?
i ve tried with bell sense on Lemon LE HHC12 (since its only 2 zones) and even replaced it with 3 zone pcy135.. but always end up with miss triggering between bell and edge specially when harder hit on open position or bow/tip on closed position.
i noticed miss triggering has showed up on eDRUMin Control (so i assumed theres nothing wrong with SD3)
Any enlighment for this or eDRUMin designed not for this articulation? It's a shame that the articulation can't be triggered tho.

thanks in advance
Rob
Site Admin

Re: setting to get bell zone on hi hat

Post by Rob »

TOP wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:41 pm
replaced it with 3 zone pcy135.. but always end up with miss triggering between bell and edge specially when harder hit on open position or bow/tip on closed position.
That's a new PCY135 or well worn? Can you elaborate on the type of mistriggering you are experiencing? The bell is triggering when you hit the edge hard?
mrmbira

Post by mrmbira »

I get bell mistriggering when I hit the edge of an Alesis cymbal too (not every hit but enough to make it not usable). I gave up on using bell-sense with it. I figured it was my cheap cymbal.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think your post is probably unrelated. Top is talking about his Yamaha pad mistriggering. You are talking about using Bell Sense on an unsupported cymbal, right?

Post by TOP »

Hi Rob... sorry for late respond...
Its well worn pcy 135... but its new when i bought them.... lol.... i use pcy to replace HH lemon cymbal to get bell zone trigerred... since i still hav no luck to get bell. sense work accurately on 2 zone lemon HH cymbal.. when i use pcy135 as HH cymbal i also use yamaha 3 zone cymbal from stock preset.. unfortunatelly it still has misstriggering... on close pedal position, when i hit harder on bow/tip sometimes it trigger bell.. meanwhile on open position, when i hit harder on edge (some bow area also) sometimes it also trigger bell (this kind of misstriggering also happen when i use bell sense on 2 zone Lemon HH)
But its only happen to HH. the stock preset and bell sense works when it applied to crash cymbals...i used stand mode on HH pedal btw.. so i must really observe to GUI when misstriggering happen... since the articulations spot which in right bottom corner were blocked by "Controlled by Hi Hat" watermark, but im pretty sure it occurs on EDC, hopelly u can help me... only those articulations from SD3 that i still cant controlled. (well.. there are also new articulations from area 33-origin sdx which has right n left hit on toms that i still havent try to mapping them also) Thanks in advance
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I still don't understand why we are talking about Bell Sense on your Lemon Hihat. It is not supported by bell sense.

So the problem you are having is that the bell is mistriggering when you hit the cymbal hard. This is almost certainly a mechanical issue. The way you have things setup, the bell switch is activating when you hit the cymbal hard. How is it mounted? Can you please post an picture.
mrmbira

Post by mrmbira »

Yes sorry I thought it was similar.