ED8 for only cymbals

kjob3022

ED8 for only cymbals

Post by kjob3022 »

Hi I am hoping to use the ED8 for adding cymbal inputs to my ddrum4 module.I have 4 Roland CY-8 to use for this so I hope it's possible.I know Rob is on vacation now but maybe some direction from others,thanks alot,Ken
kjob3022

Re: ED8 for only cymbals

Post by kjob3022 »

I got a spllitter w/ 2 seperate CY-8 crash cymbals into # 1 dual mono input and seperate midi #'s,calibrated each one and it works ok,but one cymbal I really have to wack pretty hard to get sound,how do I get that one to play easier,this is a miracle I got this far. I don't see any way to save these but auto-save,no map all custom notes
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I wouldn't rely on the calibration function to get your pads triggering well. Have a look at this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=NIfdz_h6 ... 9_w32TWKZ0
kjob3022

Post by kjob3022 »

Hi Rob,I've seen that before and after getting the ED8 and I can't seem to make it work but I did try the Hart ecymbal2 hi-hat stand I had with the TRS pedal jack and that seems to light up alot on the pedal page,I just did everything on auto so I could at least get that going.I need help to stop the splash stutter.Thanks Rob for vacation advice
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I suspect you are using a splitter designed for Roland modules that has a built in resistor that bleeds some of the ring single into the tip connection. That kind of splitter cable will not work well eDRUMin modules.