Choosing the right triggers

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
RxMan

Re: Choosing the right triggers

Post by RxMan »

Bonjour Andurillek,

J'ai reçu mon edrumin8 le week-end dernier.
J'ai testé immédiatement le sharley, les cymbales, la ride et la caisse claire. Je confirme que tout fonctionne.
Il y a quelques réglages à paramétrer, rien de bien difficile, mais je vais me pencher un peu plus sur le fonctionnement du module prochainement.
Ce qui est certain, c'est que le matériel d'une MPS850 fonctionne parfaitement avec eDrumin :D
Moi qui ne savais pas quel module acheter pour remplacer le module d'origine de ma MPS850 défaillant, je suis comblé !
Merci à son concepteur.
Ronyd

Re: Choosing the right triggers

Post by Ronyd »

I can say for larger drum size > 14", internal side triggers do not trigger well from the edge to center of drum. For that matter even top mount side triggers. You may want to take a look at https://www.extremedrums.com/store/. Marshall knows his stuff and guarantees satisfaction. Great side mounted triggers. He even has extended mount brackets to slide the trigger closer to the center. But even if you get halfway, should be good. That would be beneficial for the Kick really. He shows a kit with internal side mounted as you expect. Very sensitive triggering.

Worse case maybe for the 10 and 12 rack toms you should be good. But anything larger, if'y.

Probably want to go with spider mount for the snare. But again, extreme use side mount still.

Unless Rob has settings that can get those side mounted triggers dialed in?

I DIY'ed like other, a spider center for the 13" snare, and all my toms 3 side edge triggers for the 12, 14, 16. the 10 left as 1 side trigger. Everything was dialed in with eDrumin.

hope this helps a little. Nothing is worse than spending the $$ and then have issues.