RTom black hole and triggers

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
kenmarcou

RTom black hole and triggers

Post by kenmarcou »

I was wondering about using the eDrumin with the rtom Black holes with their triggers they make specifically for them
https://rtom.com/black-hole-practice-system/

https://rtom.com/bh-triggers/

so that I could backline an acoustic kit at smaller shows so other drummers don’t have to play an ekit. I’d need to get good e cymbals and hi hats too but for now I’m wondering about how these will work with the eDrumin. It would be great to have positional sensing on the snare.
i420piate

Re: RTom black hole and triggers

Post by i420piate »

I wish someone would have replied to this. That or it's somewhere else on the forums that I haven't read yet. (pretty much reading every forum from 2020 until now lol)
Alesis Surge with 4 tom and 5 cymbal pads, eDRUMin4 using SSD5.5 and SP3 on Mac OS.
thefritz11

Post by thefritz11 »

Bringing this to the top as looking to get my edrumin working with the rtom blackhole triggers on toms and DIY 2 zone system snare.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I have no experience with black hole triggers, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be compatible. If they work with a Roland module, they should work just fine with an eDRUMin.
leem

Post by leem »

Does anyone have any edrumin presets for the Black Hole Triggers? I just got a 5 piece set - 1012,14,16,20
Ronyd

Post by Ronyd »

Easy enough to dial in the toms. Learn how to use edrumin. They are just single zone triggers.
Report back if you are still having a problem.