Center mounted vs 3 cone Snare?

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
mggallagher

Re: Center mounted vs 3 cone Snare?

Post by mggallagher »

In fact I managed to fix this but I'm still struggling to get positional sensing to work properly. When I set up Edge to trigger accurately, nothing I do to the other two dials can get the other positions to trigger reliably (using SD3).

I've been trying to follow the manual but going jn circles a bit. I get centre mounted sensors working ok but this one is confusing me.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

There are three controls and a whole page in the manual just for positional sensing on that pad because it's detecting position for that pad is not simple.

Start by setting the 2nd and 3rd control to off, and adjust the first control. Set it as high as you can without making the center too small.

After doing this, you should be able to get a clear division between center and off center hits, but you will also find that hits closer to the edge will also trigger the center position. Does that match your experience?

The other two controls have to be adjusted more carefully. They are designed to catch hits closer to the edge that the first control misses.

The edge control for example, should only be detecting hits in the 12, 5, and 7 o'clock positions, right next to the edge. You don't want it catching hits anywhere else on the pad.

The middle control is designed to catch hits right next to the lugs that are adjacent to the sensors. Just like the 'edge' control, you don't want this catching hits anywhere else on the pad.
nemo

Post by nemo »

Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:18 pm
Just like with center mounted pads, I recommend staying away from 3-ply mesh.
Hi Rob, my ATV AD-S13 just arrived. Everything ok, thanks!
One question though: did you try the 3-ply mesh or is it just experience?
The middle control is designed to catch hits right next to the lugs that are adjacent to the sensors. Just like the 'edge' control, you don't want this catching hits anywhere else on the pad.
Is the above in the manual? Maybe I read an old version or sth, because I do not remember. I think it makes sense to put it there...