Splitting Inputs into edrumin4

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Splitting Inputs into edrumin4

Post by Rob »

I found the bug. It's related to the Velocity Curve control which isn't being properly initialized until the user makes an adjustment to the curve. I'll fix it tonight or tomorrow. For now, the best workaround is to simply make any sort of adjustment to the velocity curve and the issue will go away.

Update: Fixed for the next version.
kevinbeckman1983

Post by kevinbeckman1983 »

Thanks so much for your prompt replies and troubleshooting Rob!!! I was going nuts, thinking I was misunderstanding rudimentary cable building somehow, lol! But yes, can confirm: today I opened the control app and wiggled all the velocity curves -- and all cable splits seem to be performing correctly now :) Though I need to dial stuff in still. BTW - I'm setting up a full lemon e kit, with an eDrumin8 and SSD5.5 to start, maybe the free BFD Player too (a customized Lemon T-950 kit). Once everything is hooked up and dialed in I will share all my presets and whatnot to the forums - one or two others have been messing with these series of lemon stuff, and lots of people their cymbals. I have some more calibrating and tests to do before I rush posting any of that though.

To that end (testing):
(I have built one "Zourman style" splitter - which I barely understand - but it seems to be working? They are for using a Roland style (or Lemon, for me) 3 zone ride cymbals, the 2 jack style, BUT summing those jacks to one input cable on a module or trigger interface (by "tricking" them into seeing a yamaha 3 zone cymbal?). Its basically a trs to dual trs splitter - where all pins match out, but where one side of the split has a 10kOhm resistor on the ring. I may make more if they perform well. Just wondering though if you have any experience with using them, or completely understand their design, etc...? Any idea if simply using the stereo setting, and yamaha 3 zone cymbal pad setting is best (with one of these zourman style cables splits) to get 3 reliable cymbal zones from the edrumin (or is this splitter with resistor not really the exact same as a yamaha cymbal would be... meaning is there might be tweaks you (you Rob) would need to do, or a new pad setting need be created, for best using these types of splitters with roland/lemon cymbals and the edrumin? Or does the 10k resistor truly make the lemon cymbal send the exact same signals a yamaha pad would? Sorry - I'm new to some of this, and know there is a trim pot of some kind on some yamaha cymbals, beyond just the resistor and wiring - not sure if that or any other concerns matter here. Thanks again Rob!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Those adapters should probably work. I have made my own, but I don't really have any experience with it other than the 5 mins I used it during testing. All the 3 zone cymbals I use are supported by Bell Sense.
kevinbeckman1983

Right on, thanks!

I'll be testing bell sense on all the lemons soon (13" 15" 18" all 3 zone 2-jack) and I have two of each, so I may be able to get an idea of how consistent they are. Will keep you and the forums updated in a new thread sometime soon!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's unlikely that bell sense will work on those lemon cymbals. You will need to use two inputs or that Yamaha adapter you suggested.
kevinbeckman1983

Oh, good to know, thanks again!