DDrum trigger compatibility

alangbaker

DDrum trigger compatibility

Post by alangbaker »

My brother wants to convert his drums to digital, and I've purchased for him a set of DDrum Acoustic Pro triggers for Christmas...

...and I'm also the lucky guy that gets to help with his technology. ;)

So my question is:

Are the DDrum triggers compatible with eDrumIn modules?
Ratamacue

Re: DDrum trigger compatibility

Post by Ratamacue »

I have the ddrum redshot triggers and they work just fine with ED4 and ED10. The pro series should be even better.
Ludwig Breakbeats A2E | DDRUM Redshots, Roland RT-30K | Roland PD-120, CY-5, CY-14 (2), CY-15R, VH-10, Yamaha PCY155 | (2) ED10 + ED4 | SD3 + EZD3 + BFD3 | ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 40GB | Behringer UMC404HD
Ratamacue

Post by Ratamacue »

Note that you will need XLR Female to 1/4" TRS cables to connect those triggers to the eDRUMin. The redshots are a lot cheaper amd use standard 1/4 TRS cables. The redshots are NOT as durable as the pros or elites, so your gift is a better investment.

I also have Roland external triggers and they are far better that the ddrum triggers (and even more expensive). The problem I have with the Rolands is they don't seat well against my Remo Silentstroke heads because those single ply heads stretch a little more against the bearing edge leaving less rim clearance above the strking suface.

Unfortunately the DIY route to drum coversion is not plug-n-play (or congrats if you find it is). It takes a little tinkering and experimenting. In the end it's very rewarding, however.
Ludwig Breakbeats A2E | DDRUM Redshots, Roland RT-30K | Roland PD-120, CY-5, CY-14 (2), CY-15R, VH-10, Yamaha PCY155 | (2) ED10 + ED4 | SD3 + EZD3 + BFD3 | ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 40GB | Behringer UMC404HD
i420piate

Post by i420piate »

Ratamacue wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:16 am
I have the ddrum redshot triggers and they work just fine with ED4 and ED10. The pro series should be even better.
Late to the party, but I just got a Red Shot kick trigger, and converted a 16" kids bass drum, using a real drum head for an ekit, sensitivity/gain on the eDRUMin is maxed out and light hits still won't trigger,

I dunno how much pressure I should apply to the drum head. I did plan on getting a 2 or 3-ply mesh head later, but figured a regular head would work fine. Also the hoops on the 16" bass drum are smaller than my 20" BD hoops, I had to bend the Red Shot kick trigger to fit, and dunno if it should barely touch the head or should the foam press firmly on the head?

Thanks in advance to OP or anyone else.
Alesis Surge with 4 tom and 5 cymbal pads, eDRUMin4 using SSD5.5 and SP3 on Mac OS.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

If you have the gain maxed and it's still not picking up your hits, it's safe to assume you need more pressure against the head.
i420piate

Post by i420piate »

Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:24 pm
If you have the gain maxed and it's still not picking up your hits, it's safe to assume you need more pressure against the head.
Late to reply, family medical issues, I did tighten it down "what I thought" was pretty tight and the foam is pressed against the head. does this still look like not enough pressure?

https://imgur.com/gallery/IFpHfDC
Alesis Surge with 4 tom and 5 cymbal pads, eDRUMin4 using SSD5.5 and SP3 on Mac OS.