Unofficially supported devices

Dadwrshpdrum

Re: Unofficially supported devices

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

monospace wrote:Roland BT-1: by default in "switch" mode (i.e. with internal crosstalk cancellation enabled; reduced dynamic range)
When used in dual mono mode, *and* reversing polarity or using a splitter cable, Tip will enable "sensor" mode.

Roland PD-80R: head/rim/rimshot
Question on Roland BT-1 set up. My goal is to add a side stick trigger to side of my snare (think ATV or EFnote).

From reading the first post of this thread I see I can connect a BT-1 to my, on order, ED4 with a TRS cable and use an entire input for the BT-1 “switch” mode, which is the internal crosstalk cancellation built into the wiring by Roland. I can live with this set up, if required.

However, I would like to use only a mono signal for BT-1 and leave the other mono signal available for another single zone pad (in my case the kick, KD-10).

Based on the post I’m quoting in this post, I should be able to attach a splitter to the eDRUMin input. This one for example is what I own. (I already do this for my kick and a PDX-8).

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YPP-117-Ste ... _m_rp_4_sc

And then I can use the ring for the kick, but to make the BT-1 work I would need another type of splitter for only sensing the tip signal of the BT-1 output/cable.

This is the splitter I think I would need.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YPP-136-Ste ... 136&sr=8-3

Cable set up would be starting at the BT-1 output. Male BT-1 TRS output cable connected to female TRS port of the stereo breakout splitter (2nd link). Then connect male tip TS jack of the stereo breakout splitter to the tip port of the first splitter. The ring male TS jack of the stereo breakout splitter is loose, not connected.

Then on the control app I select dual mono. The kick is the ring input and a single zone rubber pad, and the BT-1 is a mono signal on the tip. The BT-1 should be in the high sensitive mode, but I think unlike the main post of this thread that says use only the SS articulation with this set up the head articulation can be used????

Also, if I am to mount this BT-1 to my snare rim (PD-125BK) I should use the “future” 1.5 firmware that will have a crosstalk group (for example crosstalk group of snare and BT-1).

Can those experts on the forum check my logic and provide any feedback.

Thanks.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
monospace wrote:Roland BT-1: by default in "switch" mode (i.e. with internal crosstalk cancellation enabled; reduced dynamic range)
When used in dual mono mode, *and* reversing polarity or using a splitter cable, Tip will enable "sensor" mode.

Roland PD-80R: head/rim/rimshot
Question on Roland BT-1 set up. My goal is to add a side stick trigger to side of my snare (think ATV or EFnote).

From reading the first post of this thread I see I can connect a BT-1 to my, on order, ED4 with a TRS cable and use an entire input for the BT-1 “switch” mode, which is the internal crosstalk cancellation built into the wiring by Roland. I can live with this set up, if required.

However, I would like to use only a mono signal for BT-1 and leave the other mono signal available for another single zone pad (in my case the kick, KD-10).

Based on the post I’m quoting in this post, I should be able to attach a splitter to the eDRUMin input. This one for example is what I own. (I already do this for my kick and a PDX-8).

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YPP-117-Ste ... _m_rp_4_sc

And then I can use the ring for the kick, but to make the BT-1 work I would need another type of splitter for only sensing the tip signal of the BT-1 output/cable.

This is the splitter I think I would need.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YPP-136-Ste ... 136&sr=8-3

Cable set up would be starting at the BT-1 output. Male BT-1 TRS output cable connected to female TRS port of the stereo breakout splitter (2nd link). Then connect male tip TS jack of the stereo breakout splitter to the tip port of the first splitter. The ring male TS jack of the stereo breakout splitter is loose, not connected.

Then on the control app I select dual mono. The kick is the ring input and a single zone rubber pad, and the BT-1 is a mono signal on the tip. The BT-1 should be in the high sensitive mode, but I think unlike the main post of this thread that says use only the SS articulation with this set up the head articulation can be used????

Also, if I am to mount this BT-1 to my snare rim (PD-125BK) I should use the “future” 1.5 firmware that will have a crosstalk group (for example crosstalk group of snare and BT-1).

Can those experts on the forum check my logic and provide any feedback.

Thanks.
Update: I got the BT-1 in the mail today and set it up. The BT-1 is installed on the rim of my PD-125BK which is mounted in the normal snare position for TD-17KVX rack. Set up on eDRUMin was very simple. I already split one input using a stereo breakout cable (HOSA YPP-117), and input was set to dual mono input (yahama style wiring set to no). Originally I had the kick (KD10) connected through the ring female connector. However I had to switch the Kick to the tip female connector after disconnecting the PDX-8 Tom pad I did have connected there (when new ED4 arrives I hook that up again). This was the only way to make the BT-1 work. Then I took the stereo cable from the BT-1 and directly connected to the ring female connector. The BT-1 is in “sensor” mode, so super sensitive. I bumped up the PD-125BK xtalk to 16 (from 10). No xtalk issues on either device. All works great.

I did discover that using the same set up as before, but splitting the BT-1 stereo signal with a HOSA YPP-136 I could get the “switch” mode of the BT-1. You have to plug the Tip male plug (of YPP-136) into the female ring connector (of YpP-117) for it to work. Since xtalk not an issue with eDRUMin at the helm I decided to stay with sensor mode.

In both configurations I had zero issues with the kick.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just finished up adding proper support for the BT-1 today. Here's a little screenshot.
BT1.png
BT1.png (40.52 KiB) Viewed 10098 times
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

That looks great!
Pim

Post by Pim »

Mylo wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:52 pm
The eDRUMin manual’s list of supported equipment is based on AudioFront’s equipment used in their testIng. But users have had great success with devices outside that list.

(...)
Hi Mylo,

I don't know how up-to-date the list from your first post is, but I wanted to add a couple of new triggers I tried out and that all work really well with the eDrumIn. I will post a copy of your list in my next post which will include...

Drum-tec Trigger Tube Pro
682Drums T-Rigg
Triggera Krigg V3 Kick Pedal Trigger

...in case you want to update your first post. Then you just need to copy-paste it which should make it easier for you.

Best regards,
Pim

EDIT: I saw that Roland PDX-8 and Yamaha TP65S weren't included in the list so I added them, too, since I can confirm they work well.
Last edited by Pim on Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pim

Post by Pim »

The eDRUMin manual’s list of supported equipment is based on AudioFront’s equipment used in their testIng. But users have had great success with devices outside that list.

This list is periodically updated from individual posts. If you don’t see what you are searching for check out the thread. The last edit date is displayed in this post so you will know where to begin reading in the thread.

Also... if it is a 3-zone cymbal let us know if you are using 1 input or 2 inputs and if Bell Sense is working for you. Same with Rim Sense. Actually any added information is helpful.

———
2 Box Triggers

682drums T-Rigg

ATV 10" Pads from the eXS-3 work (also with Edge Sense) very well
ATV 12" Cymbal (Bell Sense works with the CY-8 Setting)
ATV 10” aDrums - artist Cymbal (3 zones with one cable with input type Dual Zone Cymbal with Bell Sense using CY-8)
ATV 14” aDrums - artist Cymbal (3 zones with one cable with input type Dual Zone Cymbal with Bell Sense using CY-8)
ATV 16” aDrums - artist Cymbal (3 zones with one cable with input type Dual Zone Cymbal with Bell Sense using CY-13)
ATV 18” aDrums - artist Cymbal (3 zones with two cables with input type Roland 3-Zone Ride or with one cable with input type Dual Zone Cymbal with Bell Sense using CY-8)
ATV China aDrums - artist Cymbal (3 zones with one cable with input type Dual Zone Cymbal with Bell Sense using CY-8)

Alesis DM10 MKII PRO Snare pad (hit, sidestick, rimshot, but no positional sensing)

DIY Hall Effect Hi-Hat
DIY Myrk Membrane for Choke (wired to ring)
DIY FSR based HH (No need for a resistor or anything else, just wire the two leads to a TRS plug. Calibrate with eDRUMin.)

drum-tec 13” Diabolo Hand Hammered Snare Pad works 100%, with Positional Sensing.
drum-tec Trigger Tube Pro

Drone halo triggers: rims are not that responsive, the rest works ok.

Field dual zone cymbals (various sizes) (older model without Touch Choke)
Field 18” 3-zone ride cymbal (older 2 jack model without Touch Choke) (using 2 inputs; no Bell Sense)
Field hi-hat

Gewa G9 18“ Ride works as 3 Zone with one cable as Yamaha 3-zone

Goedrum HH controller
Goedrum dual zone 13” pad. No bell sense though

HXM 8" triple zone rubber pad. (It is basically a copy of the TP Yamaha pads, with the two side zones being switches.)
HXM 12" single zone cymbal (looks the same as the ones with the new Drumit3).

Jobeky AI dual zone trigger
Jobeky 4-spoke trigger
Jobeky dual zone metal cymbals (various sizes)
Jobeky dual zone LV China cymbal
Jobeky 18” and 20” 3-zone rides (intermittent bow when striking the bell so not perfect) (using two inputs; no Bell Sense)
Jobeky hi-hat (Jobeky is currently using a VH-11 controller which is officially supported)
Jobeky Side Mounted Triggers
Jobeky 14" A2E Snare (Editor note: the actual Jobeky trigger used in this A2E snare was not given.)
Jobeky 18" LV real feel cymbal (Ride)

Medeli 8" 2-Zone pad
Medeli 10" 2-Zone pad
Medeli 12" 2-Zone cymbal

NUX NMP-2 Dual Foot Switch

Pintech Cymbals

Roland BT-1: Set the input type to 'Mono' for 'sensor' mode, or set the input to 'stereo' and pad type to 'rubber pad' and only use the 'SS' note if you want to use the 'low sensitivity' mode.
Roland CY-5
Roland CY-8
Roland CY12R/C: three-zone ride with a single input to the eDRUMin (using the CY13R Bell Sense setting).
Roland CY-13 Dual and single cable (bell sensing) works well.
Roland CY-15 Dual and single cable (bell sensing) works well.
Roland FD-8 HiHat Controller
Roland FD-9 HiHat Controller
Roland KD-7
Roland KD-9 Working good
Roland PD-7 Dual zone
Roland PD-8a Single zone.... edge sense is working great
Roland PD-80R head/rim/rimshot
Roland PD-100 (dual trigger - added a rim trigger) working great.
Roland PD-120 used as snare, hit/sidestick/rimshot, positional sensing works.
Roland PDX-6 - Edge sense works very well on these.
Roland PDX-8
Roland RT30K Triggers
Roland VH-10 hihat

Triggera Krigg V3 Kick Pedal Trigger

UFO Drums eBbridges for Snare, Toms and Kick
UFO Drums Rim Piezos (Mounted on L Bracket)

Yamaha HH65
Yamaha PCY155 (all 3 zones)
Yamaha PCY135 (all 3 Zones)
Yamaha PCY100 (all 3 zones)
Yamaha TP65S (all 3 zones)
Yamaha XP80 (all 3 zones)
Yamaha XP100 (all 3 zones)
Yamaha XP120 (all 3 zones)

These are listed in the manual so considered officially supported but users have provided configurations that have worked... so good information to have.

Roland CY-15R ride with Bell Sense (1 cable)
Roland CY-13RC crash/ride with Bell Sense (1 cable)
Last edited by Pim on Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Thanks Pim. I have updated the first post with your updates.
Pim

Post by Pim »

Mylo wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:06 pm
Hi,

sorry, I wasn't fast enough with my edits. I included another Yamaha Pad...and also ordered the Roland gear alphabetically.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Pim wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:13 pm
Mylo wrote:
Hi,

sorry, I wasn't fast enough with my edits. I included another Yamaha Pad...and also ordered the Roland gear alphabetically.
Updated. Thanks for doing this. I’ve been a little lazy in my duties. :?
Pim

Post by Pim »

Mylo wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:24 pm
Pim wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:13 pm
Mylo wrote:
Hi,

Updated. Thanks for doing this. I’ve been a little lazy in my duties. :?
On the contrary, it's actually pretty nice of you that you started the first list and continue to keep the first post updated. Thanks for doing it, Mylo.

EDIT: Maybe it would make sense to include at the top of the list the date when the last update was made? What do you think?