Unofficially supported devices

Mylo

Re: Unofficially supported devices

Post by Mylo »

I’ve been using the forum’s last edited feature.

36B64E02-A802-4958-9255-9DE6319B648F.jpeg
36B64E02-A802-4958-9255-9DE6319B648F.jpeg (120.84 KiB) Viewed 11248 times
monospace

Post by monospace »

On a whim I bought a Hart AcuSnare. As is, it works! That is, with all the foam padding inside, which makes it loud as fnck, acoustically. I'm going to rip out the insides, but keep the piezos, and install a crossbar. Will report back. So far, so good.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Lemon 15" three-zone cymbals - all three zones work using two inputs and the 'metal 3-zone cymbal' pad type in the eDRUMin
monospace

Post by monospace »

13” Hart Dynamics AcuSnare. I picked one up the other day for cheap, ripped out the foam pillows and installed a (hand cut, wooden) crossbar. Needs a stereo splitter cable to connect/combine head and rim inputs. Installed Drum-Tec 2-ply mesh on top, black single ply on bottom, and Pintech rim silencer. Triggers like a dream: no hot spotting, accurate positional sensing, and fantastic head/rim separation.

I normally wouldn’t have bothered, but the eDrumIn makes it easy to take an “antique” drum like this and get it to work. I’m very pleased with it. It’s a very handsome drum, and the extra 1 inch playing surface makes a surprising difference.

8297B5C6-DE53-4443-A186-C49F4F370264.jpeg
8297B5C6-DE53-4443-A186-C49F4F370264.jpeg (691.31 KiB) Viewed 11207 times
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
jacko

Post by jacko »

jacko wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:09 pm
Lemon 15" three-zone cymbals - all three zones work using two inputs and the 'metal 3-zone cymbal' pad type in the eDRUMin
i forgot to correct this in this thread. The 'roland-type 3-zone cymbal' is the correct setting (my bad) but the 'metal 3-zone cymbal' does also work.

also, other users reported in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1142&start=40

that the following cymbals also work:

Lemon 18" three-zone cymbals - all three zones work using two inputs and the 'roland-type 3-zone cymbal' pad type in the eDRUMin

Lemon 13" two-zone cymbals
jacko

Post by jacko »

Lemon 12" mesh pad
works fine; triggers head, rimshot, and sidestick reliably; supports positional sensing
pumpkinking

Post by pumpkinking »

I have tested two Alesis e-drum kits (Surge and Crimson II) with a single eDrumIn 10. As such I've been able to try out all of the Alesis components across the two kits through the eDrumIn module. Below are the tested components and my notes.

Summary: all of the Alesis Surge and Crimson II triggers and controllers work properly with the eDrumIn module.

Kit contents tested:

Surge kit:
8” dual-zone pad tom (center/rim)
8” single-zone pad kick (center)
10” dual-zone pad tom/snare (center/rim)
10” dual-zone cymbal (bow/choke)
10” single-zone hi-hat (bow)
DMHat hi-hat control pedal

Crimson II kit:
DMPad 12” dual-zone cymbal (bow/choke)
DMPad 12” single-zone hi-hat (bow)
DMPad 14” triple-zone ride (edge/bow/bell - single connector)
8” dual-zone pad tom (center/rim)
8” single-zone pad kick (center)
10” dual-zone pad tom (center/rim)
12” dual-zone pad snare (center/rim)
DMHat hi-had controller pedal

Comments:
- setup the 12” snare (single TRS connector) for multi-zone with eDrumIn and it works fairly well
- setup the 14” ride (single TRS connector) with 3-zone cymbal support and while the bell trigger is solid, the edge trigger is picked up as bow infrequently, and the bow trigger is sometimes picked up as edge or bell. This is likely an issue in the triggers, not in eDrumIn, as it has degraded over time with playing (and the bow velocities are highly variable with some hot spots on the cymbal)
- setup one of the 8” toms for multi-zone, and I’m somewhat happy with the support (even though I do not use it much as the 8” head is pretty small)
- since there are two hi-hat controller pedals between the two kits, I was able to use a single eDrumIn 10 to configure dual hi-hats in Superior Drummer 3 (not sure I could do this with the two Alesis controllers)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for information.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

I have updated the original post. I think it is up to date now.
Rabidreject

Post by Rabidreject »

Hi guys,
I just got my edrumin4 (yay me!) and just wanted to let you know, once I had sort of figured it out just slightly, my Millenium hi hat (mps-750? Maybe 850 I dunno. The one that the controller is built into the pad and doesn’t look like the VH-11 or Goedrum one) works absolutely fantastically!
I’m a little miffed coz I ordered a goedrum hi hat controller just before I ordered the ED4 and now I obviously don’t need it lol
Oh well…
I just clocked the ed10’s have come back in stock too so I’ll probably pop on one of them soon too.
I have pics for the DIY section too I built an adjoining desk onto my drum rack