Lemon LE-13CR3 Choke Function

rtoledo748

Lemon LE-13CR3 Choke Function

Post by rtoledo748 »

Hey all, I am having issues with getting my Lemon LE-13CR3 choke function to work. Here's a little backstory:

I was recently running an eDRUMin4 and an eDRUMin10 together on my hybrid acoustic kit, but decided to switch the 4 out for my DDRUM DDTi. I ran all the cymbals (6 total including hi-hat and ride) and the snare to the 10, and the rest of my drums (3 rack toms, 2 floor toms, and 1 kick drum) to the DDTi.

After re-routing all the wiring from my triggers to the modules and opening up EZDrummer 3 / eDRUMin, I noticed that the choke was actually working perfectly and I was stoked. Thinking that my problem was solved, I proceeded to go through all of the other cymbals and drums, adjusting parameters in EZD3, eDRUMin, and Ableton (DAW).

When I went to start playing, I noticed that I lost the choke function and can't seem to get it back. The only way it will kind of work is if I set it up under Custom Notes, but when I use the choke it sounds like I hit the cymbal and then choked it (If I hit the cymbal and choke it like you normally would, I get a double hit and then the choke function kick in).

I don't understand how/when/why I lost this function, but no matter how many times I try to clear the input and re-do the cymbal, it does not work. On the eDRUMin application, I see the choke show up on the bottom right of the app, and is lighting up when I grab it, but the MIDI note shows 0.

Please help!!!

Gear:
7-Piece Ludwig Accent CS Custom Hybrid Acoustic Kit
Ludwig Black Beauty Snare
Roland / Lemon E-Cymbals
eDRUMin10 / DDRUM DDTi Trigger Interface
Roland RT-30HR Dual Trigger (Snare)
DDRUM Pro Acoustic Triggers
Trick Drums Dominator 2 Double Kick Pedals
EZDrummer3 / Ableton / 2010 iMac
perceval

Re: Lemon LE-13CR3 Choke Function

Post by perceval »

Sounds like Ableton is not accepting the aftertouch midi.

Maybe check if that DAW supports aftertouch messages (which choking is a function), and if not, try another DAW.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

AFAIK Ableton Live only supports aftertouch messages while the associated note is still playing, otherwise it disregards them.
rtoledo748

Post by rtoledo748 »

Thank you both! I am going to try another DAW and see if that fixes the issue. I will update this post with the results.
Knowmad1741

Post by Knowmad1741 »

Did switching to another DAW help?