Midi Mapping - Custom notes?

Ronyd

Midi Mapping - Custom notes?

Post by Ronyd »

A tad confused :?

Using SuperiorDrums Map, selecting Custom Notes to change the note value of a piece.

For example, one of the inputs is going to be a cowbell. SD wants the note to be a 31 ==> G0. eDrumin, I select the custom note value to be G0.

Looking at the attach pic of Pitches, octave 1 (C1-B1), G1 == 31.

the question is why is G0 mapped as G1, etc?
Attachments
Pitch_Midi-chart.jpg
Pitch_Midi-chart.jpg (137.6 KiB) Viewed 78 times
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Midi Mapping - Custom notes?

Post by Rob »

There is no single standard of converting MIDI note numbers to MIDI note names. Some applications set C4=60, some set C3=60, and I'm sure there are even more standards. To avoid any confusion, you can enter note numbers into the eDRUMin custom notes, and that'll work as expected. Also, although not required, you can right click on a note in eDRUMin and it'll switch to showing note numbers as opposed to note names. I've actually implemented support for using different note naming conventions for the eDRUMin note controls, but have yet to make a UI control to change it. It's on my to do list.
Ronyd

Re: Midi Mapping - Custom notes?

Post by Ronyd »

Hi rob

Yes i’m good using your controls. Thankx for giving me the reasoning about the note mapping not being a standard which I always thought there was a standard. I know they do this to get me confused lol