Having an issue getting up and going....

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Having an issue getting up and going....

Post by Rob »

I make all my own cables. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it to have anything fitting together nicely.
Redddog

Post by Redddog »

All cables built and every Drum/Cymbal is responding. Thanks again for the heads-up on cabling.

My remaining issues are currently getting sussed out. They are:

- dual zone drums. They are triggers that I took out of an Alesis Nitro kit. I saw a dude put his snare trigger into a 14" snare and it worked perfectly. It was the start of all this nonsense for me. lol. Anyway, I took the dual zone snare center trigger and the shell piezo and made a plate type setup (attached). I then took the single zone toms and side mounted them while adding a shell piezo (attached). The shell Piezo's are clipping with even the slightest touch. All three are uncontrollably loud and the floor tom make a sound that can best be described as "wooden clicks in rapid succession." I'm gonna review the wiring and make make sure they are correct (not sure if they should be Alesis wiring or Roland). I unattached them and it still has the same issues - which is weird. It's only when I change the Input mode to "Single Mono" that the heads worked fine without the insane clipping from the shell piezo. At this point, I'm not sure what to do with that other than stay at single zone for now. Tom's Ok. But snare obviously will have to be figured out.

- Lemon 3 zone. I have a 13" and a 15" ride. Bought splitters but I'm pretty sure they aren't compatible. As of now, they are only responding as a single zone.

Other than this, I'm golden!

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might have. Sorry if this has all been covered extensively on the forum. I wasn't able to find much that directly addressed this stuff.
Attachments
IMG_2655 Bottom Tom.JPG
IMG_2655 Bottom Tom.JPG (71.13 KiB) Viewed 141 times
IMG_2654 Top Snare.JPG
IMG_2654 Top Snare.JPG (69.99 KiB) Viewed 141 times
IMG_2657 Bottom Snare.JPG
IMG_2657 Bottom Snare.JPG (99.21 KiB) Viewed 141 times
perceval

Post by perceval »

one thing, for Alesis wiring, you have to choose "Yamaha" type pads, as the piezos are wired differently than Roland.

If the signal coming from the piezos is too hot, you will need to add potentiometers inline to reduce the signal.

did you try the auto calibrate function for your pads first? it does quite a good job of getting all the parameters right, then tweaking them to suit your style.
Redddog

Post by Redddog »

Thanks Percy!

Yeah, I did the calibrate 10 times. lol. I'll try the Yamaha thing!

Is there a tutorial out there for the Potentiometer install?

Thanks again for your help!
i420piate

Post by i420piate »

perceval wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 am
one thing, for Alesis wiring, you have to choose "Yamaha" type pads, as the piezos are wired differently than Roland.

If the signal coming from the piezos is too hot, you will need to add potentiometers inline to reduce the signal.

did you try the auto calibrate function for your pads first? it does quite a good job of getting all the parameters right, then tweaking them to suit your style.
Really? I thought I've read through the manual and 90+% of these forums and this is the first time I remember hearing this. I have a Alesis Surge and my snare is running through the eDRUMin4 and it's been on Roland setting, I hit the Yamaha button and didn't notice anything different either.
Alesis Surge with 4 tom and 5 cymbal pads, eDRUMin4 using SSD5.5 and SP3 on Mac OS.
perceval

Post by perceval »

Really.

roland.jpeg
roland.jpeg (19.11 KiB) Viewed 46 times
alesis.jpeg
alesis.jpeg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 46 times
i420piate

Post by i420piate »

Thanks for the info.
Alesis Surge with 4 tom and 5 cymbal pads, eDRUMin4 using SSD5.5 and SP3 on Mac OS.