Which HiHat and Ride Cymbal is the Best with Edrumin?

reddasher

Which HiHat and Ride Cymbal is the Best with Edrumin?

Post by reddasher »

Hi all,
Just bought edrumin10, looking for a good 3 zone cymbal and hihat (with bell sense) match, any suggestions?
I looked at VH-13 but heard people cant get bell sense working with this one?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Which HiHat and Ride Cymbal is the Best with Edrumin?

Post by Rob »

Bell sense doesn't support hihats. As for the cymbal, the CY15R is my favorite.
perceval

Post by perceval »

I had 3 zones HH using my PCY135.

Loved having bell on the HH.

But wasn't a big fan of the rubber "grabbing" my stick, it would kind of throw off the swing beat one can get with a metal HH.

Wished there was an option of a 3-zone HH with the release of metal cymbals that performs well.
reddasher

Post by reddasher »

Ok, ignore hh bell sense, what would you suggest for HH and 3 zone Ride considering I will not use any module exept edrumin?
perceval

Post by perceval »

Anything wrong with the ones already suggested?

The Yamaha's will have 3 zones out of the box.

The Roland will need bell sense if using a single cable.

Lots of people talk about the Lemons, but I have no experience with them.
jacko

Post by jacko »

i use lemon 3-zone 13" (i think they're 13") for all 3 of my cymbals (hi-hat, ride/crashx2). also fd9 pedal for hats

i posted about them here and on v drums not long after i bought them

been a few years now - still going fine

they are the'best' for me because they were the cheapest available of what i wanted when i bought them and they are still going

what is 'best' for me tho is not for everyone
LooseSends

Post by LooseSends »

I will echo what jacko just said.

I've been using the 3-zone Lemon with excellent results, despite having an issue with the first one I bought (Lemon solved it immediately and changed their production process to avoid the potential defect).

For the price it's very, very good.

I also went from using an old splash cymbal kitpiece to using a Lemon high hat (VH-12 copy) and couldn't be more pleased.
kevinbeckman1983

Post by kevinbeckman1983 »

I've used three Lemon 18" rides now - all worked just fine. I still have two. Note: I was using amazon returns to test some cymbals initially. I returned one lemon ride, just because I ordered another way cheaper direct from Alibaba/the manufacturer. but yes, using two cables, they work quite well, only very soft bell hits don't trigger as reliably, and some would prefer a more pronounced physical bell area. Consider some Lemon stuff though! And consider ordering direct - the official supplier/manufacturer is
Shanghai Jiajun Science&Trading Co., Ltd. -- it should say something below like "Multispecialty supplier, 6 yrs, Located in CN"

Note- I also have a full T-950 kit, slightly customized. It arrived in very good condition, with some production corners cut in shells obviously -- but its a full 5 piece kit - two up, one down (i replaced the floor tom with a second 13" snare), Two 15" crashes, Two 13" crashes, the 18" ride (all of those 3 zone/2jack), and their 2 piece LL-HHC12 hi hats (no stand, no pedal, no module... OTD for around $750 -- mind you, the company doesn't get over $240 of that - it goes to taxes, fees, and shipping). But then I couldn't get positional sensing to work on the snares -- so, after some back and forth we discovered a translation issue in the product description -- they really meant something like "the sensing of each position is capable, with the dual zone piezzos," when I thought the snares were positional sensing capable out of the box. (to be honest, with more fucking around with head tension, or a simple swap to a foam cone, Positional sensing may work fine, lol!) Anyways -- they gave me a partial refund of a little over $150!! So, yeah - Closer to $500 out the door for my customized kit with extra cymbals. I felt pretty good dealing with them the whole time, sans the translation issues during chatting. It's cheaper stuff than roland and yamaha, quality wise obviously, but the cost is so low in comparison and the customer service so good -- I can't really say much bad about them (2 year warranty by the way when buying direct, and it definitely feels like they'll honor it too). If you don't know for sure you absolutely need something, that you absolutely know they won't do -- give lemon stuff a chance. And consider buying direct oversees -- even though they already appear very low priced on amazon and ebay (compared to roland and yamaha stuff), there's a high markup to get them there.

** Regarding the Lemon 2 piece hats -- I haven't mastered the setup yet/triggering. However, I'd say its my own fault/play style thing. I've played double kicks my whole life, and didn't have a drop clutch for many years -- anyhow, I'm used to a hihat clutch setting that is SUPER low, my hats touch on the tilter side of the stand typically, and are open only enough to barely be able to "chick" step. So... yeah- using electronic hats on a real hihat stand, designed to actually be open/cymbals seperate fully on a "full open" position just feels strange to me. Way too much travel in the pedal. Anyhow - this is a "me thing" not the equipment. It seems to work very well, I just need to try some stuff still, to see if I can get it to work "incorrectly / the way I usually set my acoustic hihats up, lol" . Check out the English dude on youtube too for some reviews - edrum workshop channel.
kevinbeckman1983

Post by kevinbeckman1983 »

**note: I meant I didn't take the cheap hihat stand they offer, lol. At this price though, they still included pretty decent cymbal stands, one ride stand and two with tom ball-l-rods, and one cheap but usable snare stand **
MisterE

Post by MisterE »

Post deleted by me.
Last edited by MisterE on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.