Question on (more) inputs on the edrummin 10

j8ant

Question on (more) inputs on the edrummin 10

Post by j8ant »

Considering purchasing a edrummin 10..

I recently purchased a Lemon t950 mostly for the pads/cymbals, and the module itself that it comes with is not great even with triggering midi to a laptop, was looking at the edrummin10 as it seems check all the boxes ( as i don't need or want to use internal sounds of any module and just trigger in protools/logic etc

On the module (lemon) I have, I'm using 13 inputs (14 total with one being spit with a y cable)

With the edrummin 10 , supporting 10 inputs , would i just add a couple more y spiltters to connect all my pieces or is there another trick? i see it has hi-hat controllers , does that count as part of the 10?

Drum set i have and module here - https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 98856.html, i have the stock kit and added one splash, one china and one extra floor tom.

thanks!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Question on (more) inputs on the edrummin 10

Post by Rob »

Any pads connected with splitters will be single zone. If the split pads are mesh, you'll probably still be able to trigger rimclicks.

If you're worried about getting all the connections you need, just purchase an ED4 as well and plug it in the back of the ED10.

And to answer your question about the hihat controller input, the eDRUMin 10 has 10 trigger inputs and 2 pedal inputs.
j8ant

Post by j8ant »

Thanks rob , seems to do all the things I’d want , for the Toms I’m also find to not have the rims
j8ant

Post by j8ant »

Another question connected to this , my cheap controller when i split a trigger i can't play them both at the same time would that be the case with edrummin as well or not the case since it's smarter in how it handles that split.

if i were to get a 10 and 4 would i simply just connect them to each other or via hub? and just one would end up via midi /usb to device?

thanks
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

No hub. You would just plug the eDRUMin 4 into the host port of the eDRUMin 10. And yes, split dual mono inputs can be triggered at the same time.
j8ant

Post by j8ant »

thanks! trying to find an example of someone who may have a photo or video of that so i can make sure it's not to bulky if i velcro them together or similar
perceval

Post by perceval »

I installed the eDRUMin10 on the side closest to the HH, and the ED4 on the other side of the kick. The ED4 had mostly extras duties, like splashes, claps, china, etc... and the ED10 was for the main pads of the kit.

I used the included velcro apparatus to hook the ED4 on a cymbal stand (I wasn't using a rack that time), and the ED10 was under the HH feet.

At one point, I wanted to do a hub for all pad connections on the kick (DIY), as Drumagination did, but alas, haven't done it yet. That way, both ED could also reside inside the kick drum.
j8ant

Post by j8ant »

That sounds like such a a smart setup. Any chance you have a photo of it all ?
perceval

Post by perceval »

Can't find the original setup, where he put all the connectors from pad to the shell of the kick drum, basically a copy of the drum module's inputs, but I have this page which shows his later setup, having the module part of the kick, and adding a woofer to give his bandmates good physical feedback, something e-drums lack on stage.

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanced/d ... ass-drum-2
MisterE

Post by MisterE »

I don’t think this has been pointed out yet but you don’t need anything more than one input for a ride cymbal, and you still get bow edge and bell. If the Lemon used two for the ride, that frees up a stereo input. You can split that for two singles.