eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

LooseSends

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Post by LooseSends »

OMG, I show up here after a few months and hours of micro tweaking and am presented with what looks like the answer to all of my neurotic prayers with a new update 17 builds deep. :shock:

I'm using a Lemon HHC12 (stand) and have it working quite well but these little nagging...nuances...that I thought probably only affected my frankenstein setup are quite common, and better yet, addressed!

Before I start testing it out, I have an issue that I would like to try to understand better about triggering. Please let me know if I'm just not understanding correctly:

For a snare, in CC mode, does the velocity map directly with the articulation sound in AD2 (or SD3 too I guess) where if you hit with a low velocity you get a different articulation sound than if you hit hard, or is that just a natural thing from the physical snare itself?

I ask this because the "hits" sound too harsh at a normal amount of force, and perfect at a low amount of force. Playing with "normal" or medium force comes out sounding like I'm playing harder than I am so it feels like the velocity doesn't correlate linear with the amount of force used. Does that make sense?

I can solve the issue by squishing the range down so that a hard hit doesn't trigger harder than 50% of the maximum but that limits the dynamic range considerably, necessitating a volume bump to compensate and soft hits to sound louder than they should. Dialing back the sensitivity on the snare works somewhat but completely kills edge/rimshot hits to require too much force. Simply lowering the gain on rimshot articulations doesn't seem to have much effect in the software in CC mode.

I'd conclude that I simply need to buy a better quality snare but it seems like the HHats have the same issue where I cannot raise the volume of closed tip hits to be more realistic in contrast with the sound of open hat hits. This might be better with the new update though.

Is it possible to have separate articulation and triggering profiles for SS/Rimshot from the snare head?

I apologize for the wall of text and my own ability to articulate! Hopefully it makes sense.
mrmbira

Post by mrmbira »

Hi Rob, I just updated to 2.3.1.17 from 2.3.1.12 or so. I got a fatal error. I tried again and then it said my edrumin 10 was not supported for this version. Now when I start the control app it does not recognize my device is plugged in. Help what do I do?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

There should be a file called "MEC_Log.txt" on your desktop. Email that to support at audiofront dot net and I'll help you get back up and running.
mrmbira

Post by mrmbira »

thanks Rob, I found the file and will email now
sent the file let me know if you didn't get it
thanks for your help, Mbira
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Posted build 19
  • Fixed an issue where velocity curves wouldn't be properly updated when switching between stereo and dual mono input modes, even though everything looked fine on the UI side of things.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:03 pm
Posted build 19
  • Fixed an issue where velocity curves wouldn't be properly updated when switching between stereo and dual mono input modes, even though everything looked fine on the UI side of things.
this build is no good on a M1 Mac, I can use the usb output just fine for EZdrummer but the control application keeps asking me to connect the USB cable.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I can confirm that there's an issue. I'll work on it this afternoon.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I've fixed the issue. I recompiled without updating the build number (sorry). You can redownload and install overtop.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:13 am
I've fixed the issue. I recompiled without updating the build number (sorry). You can redownload and install overtop.
Yes it's now connecting no problem thanks for that. This version seems to have introduced a few issues with Lemon cymbals, i have the 18 ride and a 15 crash that now are difficult to ride because they choke themselves too easily, didn't happen before. Maybe if it happened to only one could be a hardware issue but it happened at the same time for both so I suspect it might be software.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I changed the download link back to build 20. In build 21, I added support for choking on Laurin cymbals, but obviously my code needs so more work. You can install build 20 and downgrade the firmware.