eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Post by Rob »

I got a feeling that your cables are too long and are experiencing signal integrity issues resulting in invalid data being sent to and from your devices. I just looked and I notice a few places where there could be a crash if a device received some invalid data. I will harden that code, but I suspect the ultimate solution to your problem will be shorter cables. If shorter cables is not an option, you might want to look at getting an active USB repeater cable or putting a powered USB hub between your computer and the eDRUMin devices.

Post by TOP »

Hi Rob,
log file SENT from topsudio1979@gmail.com

Post by TOP »

Rob wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:54 pm
I got a feeling that your cables are too long and are experiencing signal integrity issues resulting in invalid data being sent to and from your devices. I just looked and I notice a few places where there could be a crash if a device received some invalid data. I will harden that code, but I suspect the ultimate solution to your problem will be shorter cables. If shorter cables is not an option, you might want to look at getting an active USB repeater cable or putting a powered USB hub between your computer and the eDRUMin devices.
hmmm... 5 meters is too long??? sorry but seems i cant reduce the length as i must to completely renovated the entire contents of my studio.... another qualified cable mybe an option.. but i dont know which brand??? thanks

Post by TOP »

hi Rob.. how bout Wireless midi usb?as it happens i got a pair of it... its transmitter use 5 din midi jack.. n usb 2.0 for receiver.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just checked the log you sent me. It shows that you updated the firmware for each of your devices to build 9 once. There were no 4 additional updates. I'm not sure what to say.

Any hardware /cable with the USB logo on it is certified to work in accordance with the USB specifications, regardless of the brand. I'll post another build to address possible crashes if the device's recieve invalid data tomorrow. Maybe you can try again to see if that helps.

Also if your computer has any USB 2.0 ports, you might try using those.

Post by TOP »

Correct Rob... updated once every device .. but plz take a look at the updated clock will y? .. so i guess i have to sellect each device n update them one by one from now on?
Thanks for ur cares n commitment to make this product better every day!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Or course the firmware of each device needs to be updated? Is that a surprise? I think I'm going to have to assume that the issues you post about mostly come down not understanding how to use the device properly rather than bugs.

UPDATE: I'm sorry, TOP. That comes across as a bit harsh. I appreciate you trying to help resolve the issues.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Alright I definitely found and fixed an issue today that could lead to a number of issues with devices connected to the ED8 host port. The issue could lead to some important data not being sent to the control application, and consequently the potential for the Control Application to misidentify the type of device connected. I've updated the download link to build 11.

Post by TOP »

Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:11 am
Or course the firmware of each device needs to be updated? Is that a surprise? I think I'm going to have to assume that the issues you post about mostly come down not understanding how to use the device properly rather than bugs.

UPDATE: I'm sorry, TOP. That comes across as a bit harsh. I appreciate you trying to help resolve the issues.
No worry man.. i understand as a one man show ...You've done fantastic with all of these, I can understand that sometimes its not a easy thing go through it all... especially dealling with brainless person like me.. Lol... still got faith on u n what u r doin Mate...
Just remember "There is NO A PERFECT SYSTEM...but there's ALWAYS A BETTER SYSTEM"
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Four computers hooked up to four eDRUMin's with 4 hihat setups, and I think I finally found the culprit (an out of bounds memory access--always a recipe for disaster). I'll do a couple hours more testing, but I'm feeling lucky.

Very confident that the crashing is resolved. I posted lucky build 13.