eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Luckymethod

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Post by Luckymethod »

Gemini8026 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:21 am
had choke issues on 23 as well with my Lemon 18" 3 way ride. Reverted to 20.
That's strange, I didn't have a single problem with the same. Maybe the process of resetting once is what actually made things work?
Gemini8026

Post by Gemini8026 »

Possibly. I could try again and do a full reset.

Also Rob, I stopped using the fast hi-hat fix because I noticed sometimes it almost "sticks" andthrows things off a little. Im using a Lemon 2 piece on a proper stand using the "stand" setting and its ok with the feature off so I am not too worried, but not sure if you have tweaked anything on that side of things?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I don't think resetting is the issue. I think it's mostly a quality control problem with Lemon cymbals. I'm busy with other things, but I'll give this some more thought.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Luckymethod wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:39 pm
Gemini8026 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:21 am
had choke issues on 23 as well with my Lemon 18" 3 way ride. Reverted to 20.
That's strange, I didn't have a single problem with the same. Maybe the process of resetting once is what actually made things work?
Eh actually scratch that, I played more and seeing the same. It’s not as easy to trigger as it used to be but it’s still choking when it shouldn’t.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

For those Lemon users experiencing choke issues, does the choke get stuck in an on state such that every hit is choked, or is the problem that the occasional hit gets choked?
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:43 am
For those Lemon users experiencing choke issues, does the choke get stuck in an on state such that every hit is choked, or is the problem that the occasional hit gets choked?
with the previous version I tested every hit was choked or at least it was almost every hit. With this version is kinda hit or miss, sometimes they will be choked and sometimes they won't, quite unpredictably.
Gemini8026

Post by Gemini8026 »

Yes. Same as above, every note is choked when hit.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Gemini8026 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:59 pm
Yes. Same as above, every note is choked when hit.
Well that's clearly not the same "as above", and the difference is significant and points to a different (more complex) problem that I would need to fix.

Is it some or most, but not all hits? Or is it every single hit (the cymbal gets completely stuck in a choked state).

Anyways, assuming it's the prior and not the latter, then build 24, which I just posted, should probably fix the issue. If it's the latter then I may need to rethink my approach.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

Hi Rob, I'm late to the party on this build as I've been playing instead of tweaking. The hi hat improvements are fantastic! I was previously using a combination of levels mode with CC just to make sure the hat would close after a splash or open hit, long ring out and closing the hats slowly. This is no longer necessary. I've gone back and read thru the entire thread here. I've definitely experienced the choking issues as well. On a CY16RT and on a 17 inch ATV China. It's very odd. I have 2 CY16RTs on an ed4. One is choked on almost every hit. The other works fine. The ATV17 is almost always fine but occasionally chokes itself. All the issues went away when reverting the firmware. I have some lemon cymbals but they seem to be un affected. It's very very strange.
Last edited by tjheller on Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You were using build 24 before you went back to build 20¿