worth switching to edrumin from Alesis Strike for VST?

bpjacobsen

worth switching to edrumin from Alesis Strike for VST?

Post by bpjacobsen »

Can I get some honest feedback as to whether or not it is worth selling my Alesis Strike Modules (got 2 of them) in favor of 2 edrumin 8 modules?
My thinking is this:

1. For what I will likely get for my modules vs two ED8, I will make a good chunk of change back
2. In addition, I will have something that (from what I have read) triggers significantly better with more trigger optimization and ability to do so on the pc screen.

Is there anyone that can atest to doing such switch from the Strike to to the ED and honestly say that the difference was significant as far as triggering accuracy and tweakability? I already know the sounds in SD3 when you get used to it all, are better than the built in Strike sounds + I can import whatever one hit strike sound samples I want to use in SD3 like the electronic stuff etc. So it's a question of what triggers better and the fact that I will make money in the process. (since I already spent money on SD3, mini pc, and audio interface) so those factored out of the equation. lol