eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Post by Rob »

I've posted build 31. For this build, I simulated a faulty cymbal / connector / cable where some of the piezo signal is being fed into the ring signal and made sure my edge and choke detection could still function properly in those conditions. Hopefully this finally resolves the auto choking problems as well false 'edge' hits when hitting the bow very hard.
nachocascardo

Post by nachocascardo »

Rob wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:46 am
I've posted build 31. For this build, I simulated a faulty cymbal / connector / cable where some of the piezo signal is being fed into the ring signal and made sure my edge and choke detection could still function properly in those conditions. Hopefully this finally resolves the auto choking problems as well false 'edge' hits when hitting the bow very hard.
wow, i will test this afternoon.....

i will notify if it´s ok or not.
thanks for your effort.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I will test ASAP

Update:
Bell and Edge perform flawlessly. No odd choking behavior at all. Both of my CY16RTs still trigger an edge articulation with very high velocity (more velocity than previous) but this behavior has always been there on these cymbals and is not a problem for me and my style. If I'm bashing the bow that hard I'm expecting to hear a crashing sound anyway. I never notice it at all when actually playing normally. I honestly believe it's just the flex in these cymbals, which is significant, actually physically contacting the switch. I don't consider it to be a problem at all. The fact that both cymbals do this reliably and repeatedly makes me think its the mechanics of the cymbal itself. I still need to test the lemon 12s that did the same thing I only upgraded the ed4 with the 16s and lost myself playing. I'll update this post after I upgrade all my devices and test more.

Update 2:
All of my devices now running the newest build. Played for awhile. No problems under normal playing. If anything the bow to edge situation seems better it still happens on both CY16RTs, Lemon 12, Lemon 8 splash, does not occur on any other cymbals; Such as: ATV China, ATV 14, ATV 16, ATV Ozone, Lemon China, Roland CY14RT, Lemon 18.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for this information--I hadn't noticed your post until today--really happy to hear the auto-choking issue is resolved.
Inferior Drummer

Post by Inferior Drummer »

And no complaints here. Glad TJ is happy too.

Thanks again.