2nd Hi Hat Controller Pedal Input - Uses?

Knowmad1741

2nd Hi Hat Controller Pedal Input - Uses?

Post by Knowmad1741 »

Does anyone here use a second pedal with their eDrumIn 10? I have a second Hi Hat controller pedal kicking around and my eDrumIn 10 supports it, just wondering what others have utilized this for? Might as well had use it!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: 2nd Hi Hat Controller Pedal Input - Uses?

Post by Rob »

I use mine for footswitches to control Cubase. One button for record, and the other is a macro to stop, go back to the last start position, and start playing again.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I use mine for velocity sensitive note triggering. Trigger samples or loops of all kinds.
Knowmad1741

Post by Knowmad1741 »

Rob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:08 pm
I use mine for footswitches to control Cubase. One button for record, and the other is a macro to stop, go back to the last start position, and start playing again.
Very cool!
Knowmad1741

Post by Knowmad1741 »

tjheller wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:44 am
I use mine for velocity sensitive note triggering. Trigger samples or loops of all kinds.
How does that work? Do you mean you trigger different loops / samples from a single pad based on the hi hat pedal position similar to how hi hat articulations change based on position?
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

Using midi, the note triggered is either an instrument in the vst or a sample loop on a sample pad, velocity equates to volume. I have loops in a sample pad, the corresponding midi note will trigger a loop. The same can be done with a daw. Velocity to the sample pad will also dictate how loud the loop sample is played back. Depending on how the sample pad is set up it can play one time through or loop. CC data in my case isn't used. Using a dual foot switch you could likely get two midi notes. I use many edrumin devices so I have lots of spare pedal inputs. Also you can use a foot switch to change midi note banks for a virtual snare strainer or drop clutch hihat. Rob is a genius and any ITTT idea you can imagine for those pedal inputs, within reason, exists.
pumpkinking

Post by pumpkinking »

I have a setup that allows me to convert the pedal CC note values into MIDI note values in the Logic programming interface. The application is to have pedal control of a continuous range of notes for a multi-note instrument in SD3. For example in the Orchestral SDX the timpani preset or the tube bells. It is not precise, but it does allow me to play a range of notes with one trigger.
pumpkinking

Post by pumpkinking »

Another application I have is a note bank foot switch, specifically to swap between different SD3 tracks in Logic. The note banks are setup in ED to change the midi channel only to one of 4 channels values (the midi notes are all the same across channels). Then in logic I have 4 separate SD3 tracks (each with a different kit loaded) that have a channel filter set to one of the 4 from the ED note banks. This allows me to dynamically rotate through 4 SD3 kits while actively playing.