eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3.1 BETA

Post by Rob »

Fixed. I posted build 29, which undoes a restriction I earlier put on the choke that was probably not needed. Hopefully the CY-16T is still working properly without that restriction.
Inferior Drummer

Post by Inferior Drummer »

My CY-Thins seem good. Cheers Rob.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thank-you. That's good news. I don't want to do any unnecessary processing. I'll leave the BETA here for another week or so and assuming no one else reports any issues, I'll post it on the download page so I can get working on the next version.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I'm now getting the auto choking on the bell not the edge with 29 on the CY16RTs. Much worse on one than the other, the same cymbal that's been more fineky all along.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

And everything was all okay with build 28?
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

Seems to be, ill downgrade and re-check

Update...
28 does not have this behavior, I sent an email with a video link.

If this is only happening to me I would not stress over it.
Inferior Drummer

Post by Inferior Drummer »

tjheller wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:39 pm
I'm now getting the auto choking on the bell not the edge with 29 on the CY16RTs. Much worse on one than the other, the same cymbal that's been more fineky all along.
I can't get mine to have any problems. Gotta wonder if somethings up with yours? :( How old is it? Mine is pretty new, 6 months-ish.

My 14-CT is fine too, though it doesn't have a bell nor does bell sense work, at least last i tried.
Last edited by Inferior Drummer on Wed May 22, 2024 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

My 14 is a CY14RT so it has two cable inputs, it works fine.
One of my 16s works okay too. I'm convinced that the offensive cymbal is an outlier. The cymbal is about 2 years old. The good one the issue occurs one in a hundred bell strikes. The bad one is about half of all bell strikes. I should also report it needs to be a medium hard to hard strike. Velocity of 85 or higher. Softer strikes are fine. It's good that I have two of these for A-B comparison. This really does point out the inconsistency of manufacturing or the luck of just getting a lesser quality build. All that said. I had no issues with earlier firmware so I can just run on that and look at the sad little orange ! on my interface.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I suspect that some of the piezo signal is getting mixed into the switch signal. Not sure. I think I need to rethink things. I don't want to create a technical support nightmare, even if the culprit is a cymbal that has mechanical issues.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

All I know for sure is the HiHat algorithm is banging for my setup and I'd rather run old firmware on an ed4 to get the 2 cy16rts to act right than sacrifice the new hat tweaks. I may do some more experimenting. I have had some issues with lemon cymbals and installed "padding" on the inputs. Meaning I created a pass through jack with a 10k ohm resistor on the piezo to make them less "hot" and easier to dial in. This was very necessary back in the megadrum days. Side note: The cy16s will trigger an edge sound if a bow strike is of high velocity. I never thought about it as a problem because it's actually more realistic to me any way, to get an edge articulation with a very hard bow strike. I'm not sure if these issues are related or not. When I get a chance I'll try the piezo dampers and maybe the yamaha style wiring adapters and see if there is any difference. In the past I had an issue with the yamaha adapters on the cy16s where I'd get a bell articulation with a hard edge strike so I gave up and just went to a 2 wire config. If memory serves me one cymbal behaved worse than the other so my issues with these cy16s aren't new. It may well be that the thin series wave form is just a different animal all together and messing with us?