High cost of Shipping compared to Rivals

CPAI2002

High cost of Shipping compared to Rivals

Post by CPAI2002 »

Hey there,

Your products look amazing, and are exactly what I am looking for.

However the basic Midi Expression Pedal , costs more in Postage (70 dollars) to the UK than the device itself - Obviously on top of that I presume there will be import an duty.

Is there no other way you could ship ? Perhaps via UPS - It would be a lot cheaper than Fedex, and would likely cost around 30 rather than 70 ?

I appreciate you are a small business , but obviously UK based means it is hard to get your products.

Cheers
Rob
Site Admin

Re: High cost of Shipping compared to Rivals

Post by Rob »

Up until the end of December, shipping to the UK was free. Unfortunately the COVID situation there has changed things. Hopefully regular shipping is restored soon.

Btw, UPS, DHL, and FedEx prices are all about the same. Larger companies that have hundreds or thousands of FedEx orders a month get big discounts that they can pass on to their customers. I would typically have about 1 FedEx order per month pre COVID and about 10 a month now. Unfortunately I just don't give couriers enough business to get meaningful discounts.

Regards
Rob
Funky40

Post by Funky40 »

Hello Rob,

i thought i just use this thread:

i´m in switzerland.
if i order something from you right now,
does this mean i HAVE to use the 70$ FedEx option ?
no other option it seems.............?

in case i find another guy ordering with me:
how many of the mdi expression units ( quads) would this be good for ?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

EMS shipping, which costs $25, is available for Switzerland. And you can order as many as you want for that price.