use with ketron product

squeezeplay

use with ketron product

Post by squeezeplay »

complete novice here..the question is..I need it to transmit on only channel 1. Is this possible. I wish to control only one voice in an arranger module.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: use with ketron product

Post by Rob »

Yes, you can specify which channel it transmits on.
squeezeplay

Post by squeezeplay »

thanks on that Rob.....I'll order one .
squeezeplay

Post by squeezeplay »

I purchased the expression adapter, and hooked it to my Ketron arranger module....it does nothing why? :?:
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Good question. Which Kenton product are you using? Assuming you are plugging it into the USB host port, you might need to adjust the class compliance settings for the MIDI Expression. If you use the control application and go to the firmware settings and change the compliance setting to MIDI + Control, that will likely resolve the issue.

Rob
squeezeplay

Post by squeezeplay »

going to try that today..thanks
squeezeplay

Post by squeezeplay »

I tried what you suggested.....the computer will recognize the pedal..and the green light comes on.but the light doesn't come on when I plug it into the Midjay plus....
the computer recognizes the midjay plus when I plug it in.... I had to purchase an adapter from USB a to USB b because the midjay and the expression rig have the same sockets, but the cable you supplied has different connection each end...could the adapter the issue?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The Midjay plus doesn't have a USB host port. You can't connect the two the devices that way.
squeezeplay

Post by squeezeplay »

so is there no way to make this work?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You can just plug both devices into your computer. What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to control the MidJay with pedals, you would need an iO so that you could connect it with MIDI cables.