macOS Big Sur compatibility

Rob
Site Admin

macOS Big Sur compatibility

Post by Rob »

All Audiofront hardware is working under Big Sur. The MIDI Expression and eDRUMin control applications also run fine under Big Sur. Currently the control applications haven't been optimized for Apple silicon, but will be in future releases.

Regards,
Rob
mrmbira

Re: macOS Big Sur compatibility

Post by mrmbira »

Rob can you tell me which Windows OS's it works with? Will it work with any from XP to the newest? thanks
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I don't think XP is supported anymore. Windows 7 should still be supported though.
mrmbira

Post by mrmbira »

Well win 7 is what I mostly use. But you don't sound so sure it is still supported? I would definitely need that to be supported. Maybe someone on this forum uses win 7 with it??? thanks
lalo

Post by lalo »

What about the OS app? Is it being updated for the latest 14 version?
monospace

Post by monospace »

I use the iOS app occasionally. It hasn't been updated for 1.6 yet but it works great with 1.5
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
mmarco

Post by mmarco »

is there a minimum version for the OS/X application? It installed fine on 10.8.5 but when I open it it's just a white blank screen
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just checked the minimum requirements for VSTGUI (graphics library) on macOS and it looks like you'll need at least 10.9 (Mavericks). It used to be 10.7 and I'm not exactly sure when that changed. I'll try to get that information on the website.
mmarco

Post by mmarco »

thanks for confirming, pity but I guess that's the way it goes with 3rd party libraries... I guess I'll have to edit on the ipad and connect via midi to the computer to be able to edit while playing.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Will the eDRUMin and the control app work with Monterey (intel chip)?