One pedal to cule them all?

sadicus

One pedal to cule them all?

Post by sadicus »

Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal
With the software Can a single rocker pedal be used as Volume, Sustain, and Expression? Not at the same time, just wondering if I can use the EV-5 as a sustain or Volume, etc. Some of the control pedals are small or strange design. ~ Thanks
docdavekeyz

Re: One pedal to cule them all?

Post by docdavekeyz »

Hi sadicus
I've not long started using Reaper. In there I think you could have 3 tracks each with it's own vst instance of ME with the appropriate parameter then port the outputs as inputs to tracks that control your gear. Alternatively you could set the EV5 up as data entry and port it to tracks with the built in midi assignment vst Reacontrolmidi instead. Then its a case of arming and disarming the tracks which you can do with a usb midi controller. It's a very clunky way of doing it because I'm a real music tech noob but I know it would work. I'm sure there's a more streamlined way to do it and if you use another DAW there's probably an easy way out there on the forums.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: One pedal to cule them all?

Post by Rob »

You can use it as an expression pedal or as a sustain. However, as an expression pedal it can control volume not pretty much any other parameter. You can also force it to be configured as a sustain from the control application and it'll work as expected