MIDI Expression iO - FS-5L - XAir18

Kieboada

MIDI Expression iO - FS-5L - XAir18

Post by Kieboada »

Hi All,

i'm a musician from Austria/Europe and hoping to get any help from anyone who can.
I have two setups for the use of "MIDI Expression iO" and want to know if it's possible to succeed.
I've tried it already with the "UMI3" from Logidy but that didn't work at all.

1. Remote-Control (LiveSet + / -) to my Yamaha Montage per MIDI-Sequences (sending SysEx or CC) per USB or MIDI
The Montage is Class-Compliant, so this should work, and i'm confident this will work.

2. Remote to my Behringe X-Air18 (per USB or MIDI) to toggle FX-Mutes with a Boss FS-5L
I've seen the "Boss FS-5U" is supported as a switch. The FS-5L is a latch-FS with a Led to see if a toggled Switch is on or off. Does the Boss "MIDI Expression iO" work bi-directional?

I'd appreciate any help before ordering because custom duties and shipping is about a quarter of the costs of "MIDI Expression iO".

Thanx a lot!!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: MIDI Expression iO - FS-5L - XAir18

Post by Rob »

It is bidirectional, but the device does not supply current to power the LEDs, although it should be possible to implement. The real problem is with the latching footswitch. I don't even know if it's possible to get the functionality you are after. The LEDs would likely only light if switches are physically latched. I'll need to check the wiring diagrams for that footswitch to be sure.