Midi IO 8 input model?

silverlight

Midi IO 8 input model?

Post by silverlight »

I'm thinking about using the IO in conjunction with expression pedals, with my multi-timbral synths as a kind of multi-timbral midi cc7 fader array operated with the feet. Eg with 16 part multi-timbral modules like the Yamaha TG77 and the Roland Integra 7. I can control up to 8 parts at once with a Roland A-70 controller which can transmit on 8 midi channels. It would be great to have an 8 input midi IO to be able to control the midi volume of all 8 channels simultaneously while playing. Would you consider building an 8 input model? Do you think it could be viable business-wise? If not, would you consider building just a couple, as a custom job?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Midi IO 8 input model?

Post by Rob »

I'm not totally clear on what you're after, but if you need 8 inputs, why not just daisychain two iOs together.
silverlight

Re: Midi IO 8 input model?

Post by silverlight »

True, using 2 in series i think would work for what i'm envisaging. So to clarify for you what i'm after : i would like to have 8 midi expression pedals connected to one multi-timbral sound module (like the Integra 7). Each expression pedal would transmit midi cc7 on a different channel (eg channels 1-8). My controller keyboard would transmit my playing on all 8 channels simultaneously and i'd use the pedals to control the midi volume of each channel/part independently as I play. So each channel of the sound module would be receiving the same note on/off and other expression messages (sustain, modulation etc) from my playing the midi controller but the 8 expression pedals would be able to independently control the volume of each part in the sound module. Does that make sense? Would midi IO be able to achieve that?