midi expression IOS app not working

LeesKeys

midi expression IOS app not working

Post by LeesKeys »

I know that most users probably run Windows. I run my music apps from my iPad. I've have occasional problems with the iPad not recognizing my Quattro. Now the ME iPad app isn't working properly. It opens, but none of the controls work and I can't get beyond this screen. The app is unresponsive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vPN8N ... IgyW9HHvJ3 I'm running IOS 13.2.2

WHAT'S UP?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: midi expression IOS app not working

Post by Rob »

Without any pedals plugged into the Quattro, look through the input jacks of the unit while plugin in the USB cable. Do you see an internal internal LED flash once?
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

Yes
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The good news is that your device hasn't died. I see that your Quattro is about 3 years old, so chances are that the issue is that your firmware is too old. Do you have a MAC or PC available to update the firmware?
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

PC
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

So, I updated the firmware on my quattro using the Midi Expression Windows app. At the end of the update the screen indicated 100%. I unplugged the quattro. The next time I plugged it in, the internal light began blinking constantly- doesn't stop, and Windows says that the "device has malfunctioned". The Midi expression app doesn't open fully-same screen as when I tried to open the app on my iPad a couple of days ago. I guess because Windows doesn't recognize the Quattro.

What now?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Just wanted to make sure I'm not forgetting about you. We talked over email right?
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

Yes, thanks. I think we can close out this thread. I look forward to getting the replacement Quattro in the next couple of weeks.