midi expression - compatibility with hotone soul press?

uzo

midi expression - compatibility with hotone soul press?

Post by uzo »

Hi there,

I am planning to purchase the Midi expression converter and was wondering whether it would be compatible with the following:

Guitar into hotone soul press (expression pedal) into focusrite scarlet interface into mac with logic pro - using midi guitar 2 software and spitfire strings VST. The idea would be to assign parameters to the pedal to achieve more realistic violin sound when recording using guitar as a midi controller.

I apologies in advance if my question doesn't make sense. I am very new to music technology.

Best wishes,

Uzo
Rob
Site Admin

Re: midi expression - compatibility with hotone soul press?

Post by Rob »

I'm not entirely sure how you want to set things up. That pedal is a 3 in 1 unit. You can connect that hotone pedal to a MIDI expression and control things in logic, but from your description, it sounds like you want to connect the guitar to that hotone?
uzo

Post by uzo »

Thanks for your reply Rob,

At the moment I am able to use my guitar as a midi controller using midi guitar 2 software as a plugin in logic. For example I can record a violin melody using a spitfire vst violin instrument in logic. I would like to use the expression pedal to control the volume or maybe intensity of vibrato whilst I am recording the violin vst using the guitar as midi controller. Maybe I need to plug in the pedal via “midi expression usb mid pedal interface” into USB port of my Mac? Someone in the midi guitar forum actually pointed me towards your product. As long as I know that this will work in theory I wouldn’t mind purchasing it and doing some more research into how it works.

Best wishes,

Uzo
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I see. Ya, you'll no problems using that pedal with your MIDI Expression to control plugins in logic.
uzo

Post by uzo »

Thanks for your help,
Just ordered :)