Aftertouch / Channel Pressure ?

Nozomi

Aftertouch / Channel Pressure ?

Post by Nozomi »

Greetings all.

I am interested in the expression products.
I want to be able to map the analog input to the MIDI Aftertouch (channel pressure) message but cannot see any mention in the user manual document.

Is this possible or can it be implemented as a software enhancement update?

Thanks,
Michael.
Nozomi

Re: Aftertouch / Channel Pressure ?

Post by Nozomi »

- forgot to select 'notify me' !
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hi,

There is no option for using Aftertouch. Can you be more clear of what you are after and how it would be used? If it's useful and not too difficult to implement, I will.

Rob
puremusic

Post by puremusic »

I think what would be nice would be to be able to map not only to CC 1-127 but to also type in 'AT' and get it the footpedal mapped to aftertouch messages.

This would make a good footpedal a substitute for aftertouch when your keyboard doesn't have it. And it'd probably be better than most keyboards to use a footpedal for it, as it's pretty hard to control aftertouch smoothly with anything but a ROLI.
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
StevenMorris

Post by StevenMorris »

Hi Rob,

I am also interested in (polyphonic) aftertouch. I recently purchased two MIDI Expression iOs with MIDI DIN ports for a project I am working on.

Here's the application that I have in mind:
I would like to control pitch bend info with a ribbon controller while simultaneously controlling the pitch of various notes via foot pedals (up whole or half steps) -- I was initially planning on having each note on its own MIDI channel, but perhaps polyphonic aftertouch would solve that problem. I suppose having both options would be ideal.

I suspect utilizing aftertouch might be the only way to go to accomplish my goals, but if you have another idea that is within the current specs of your hardware/software I would appreciate some suggestions.

Thank you!

Regards,
Steven Morris
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Sounds like you're looking to do something beyond the current feature set of the MIDI Expression iO.

I am planning on expanding the MIDI Transformer functionality, which would give you the tools you need, but at this point it's still a long ways off.
StevenMorris

Post by StevenMorris »

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the swift reply. Are you able to provide an ETA for the features that would make what I am trying to do possible?

Regards,
Steven Morris
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's really hard to say. I'm unfortunately going to be a lot busier than I want to be over the next four months. My best guess is six months from now.
puremusic

Post by puremusic »

I have to say it's great to see how the software's been regularly updated lately. :) It's getting really flexible.
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra

whitepianos.blogspot.com
StevenMorris

Post by StevenMorris »

Hi again Rob, hope all is well

Was wondering if there have been any updates that would help me accomplish my goals above -- mainly polyphonic aftertouch capabilities

Thanks!