PLEASE HELP! Updated Firmware & Now ME not found when plugged in

bamim2

PLEASE HELP! Updated Firmware & Now ME not found when plugged in

Post by bamim2 »

PLEASE HELP! I updated the Firmware of my ME Red & now when I plug it in it keeps asking me to plug it in. The ME is completely dead. It does nothing at all. I need to use it to do some recording, but it is totally non functional. What can I do?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE HELP! Updated Firmware & Now ME not found when plugged in

Post by Rob »

Hi,

Can you give me a bit of information? Are you on Windows or OSX? Did you update the firmware with the Control Application or the standalone firmware updater? Do you know what your previous firmware version was? Is your MIDI Expression the usb mini-B verison, or the micro USB version?

Regards,
Rob
mike_whitfield@me.com

Post by mike_whitfield@me.com »

Hi,

I’ve had a similar issue with my MIDI Expression, mine crashed during a firmware update and now neither the Control Application nor my Mac will recognise it at all. The application just displays a message asking me to plug the unit in. Tried unplugging / pluggin back in, reinstalling the Control App & restarting the Mac but nothing has worked so far.

I’m using a Mac running High Sierra & using the Control Application. I think the existing firmware version may have been 2.6.0.1. I don’t think I’ve updated it since I bought it in May 2017. Will need to check which USB version it is.

Mike
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hi Mike,

Can you open a support ticket and I'll help you there.

http://www.audiofront.net/contactSupport.php

Rob