Mainstage Patch Change

JoachimA

Mainstage Patch Change

Post by JoachimA »

Apple Mainstage consists of a list of patches in a concert.
I'm trying to achieve the following : for each patch I would like to assign a volume pedal connected to Midi Expression to a different controller e.g. a continuous controller like mod wheel, volume, etc. or pitch bend or anything else, that can be done with a volume pedal.
Is there a way to define this with the Midi Expressin plugin?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Mainstage Patch Change

Post by Rob »

I admit that I'm not very familiar with Mainstage, but it is not possible AFAIK. To get the functionality you are after, Mainstage would need to be able to load different presets for the plugin when patches are changed. It doesn't look like this is possible. I'll have to do some research. I might be able to code a way to use multiple instances of the Control Application and automatically switch between them when patches are changed.

Regards,
Rob
JoachimA

Re: Mainstage Patch Change

Post by JoachimA »

Thanks Rob for the quick reply. Really appreciated :-).
I was thinking it through once more, what I want to realize and found a solution which is already built in.
In Mainstage there is this concept of Workspace and associated Workspace layout, where you can define Screen Controls, which are Hardware items, that you want to use and manage like keyboards, pedals, knobs and alike. These Screen Controls can be mapped to virtually any Midi parameter ... at patch level ! If I add the volume pedal connected to Midi Expression, which sends Midi Volume information to Mainstage, to the Workspace, I can modify this information to anything in Mainstage. Problem fixed :D