For 6 pedals, 2 midi i/O's ganged together or 2 Quatros to usb inputs/hub?

vastman

For 6 pedals, 2 midi i/O's ganged together or 2 Quatros to usb inputs/hub?

Post by vastman »

Rob... You are soooo cool to have created this useful set of devices/software... Amazing site/products! YOU ROCK!

I need 3 piano pedals, 2 orchestral controllers for expression and volume, plus who knows what down the line...

Use idea #1 is as follows...I can use 2 MIDI Expression iO's for going to usb/computer to use: 3 piano pedals + 2 foot controllers for orchestral expression and volume, leaving me an open slot for whatever (trems/waw/wtf). I use to have loads of midi gear but donated it all and am virtual now so I just need the MIDI to daisychain... This will give me 6 inputs

Or use idea #2,,, I was thinking I can get two Quatros and use two usb inputs (my VastMaschine has extras) or a usb hub for my laptop... seems that would eliminate any midi latency as I'm planning on getting an 8 input usb 3.1 or C hub for my laptop which can easily handle the 2 Quatro usb 1 inputs... This will give me 8 inputs!

Ultimately, I guess there is an option #3 if I wanna preserve a "midi" in/out for some legacy gear (my Focusrite Forte DAW interface has no midi)get one of each, for a total of 7 inputs+1midi in/out...

Seems straightforward with your awesome stuff... nothing like it out there! Am spreading this around... Thanks!!!

BTW, my username should be vastman... I guess the vAmfbd (prove ur not a robot??? got in there by me being half asleep... can this be changed?

Thanks again for being a solution to my problem!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: For 6 pedals, 2 midi i/O's ganged together or 2 Quatros to usb inputs/hub?

Post by Rob »

I'm glad you like my products. I've put a lot of thought, time, and effect into making them powerful and robust.

I've changed your login to 'vastman'. Options 1,2, or 3 will all serve you well. It's nice to have an iO because you can use pedals to affect the MIDI coming into the device via the MIDI port. Right now you can only adjust the MIDI Channel, but I'll be adding functionality in the future.

Regards,
Rob
vastman

Re: For 6 pedals, 2 midi i/O's ganged together or 2 Quatros to usb inputs/hub?

Post by vastman »

Thanks, Rob... just posted info on your stuff where some virtual pianists hang out...