Using 2 sustain pedals in one input

raytea

Using 2 sustain pedals in one input

Post by raytea »

I'm planning to buy the Midi Expression and I'm aware that it is possible to use 2 sustains pedals with a single input adapter (HOSA).
My question is: would it be possible to use one of the pedals for continuous sustain and the other one for changing presets (or some other assigned MIDI events)?

I know this might have been answered somewhere else but couldn't find it.

Many thanks.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Using 2 sustain pedals in one input

Post by Rob »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'continuous sustain', but if you are asking if one pedal can act a sustain pedal and the other be used to inc / dec program changes, then yes. Here's a screenshot:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (38.12 KiB) Viewed 866 times
raytea

Post by raytea »

Thanks for the reply Rob. Yes that's what I meant, by continuous I meant having a pedal that supports gradual sustain and not just on/off.
I will explain exactly what I need just to be 100%: I want to use the second pedal to toggle the Microtonal Switch of Pianoteq between On and Off (which is an assignable MIDI event).
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Pedals that support half pedaling cannot be connected together, they are continuous controllers and function, electrically, in the same way as an expression pedal. Only on off switch pedals can be ganged together into a single input.

Regards,
Rob
raytea

Post by raytea »

OK that is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for clarifying.