Help Midi expression 2 Android

nashowii

Help Midi expression 2 Android

Post by nashowii »

Hi guys, some help to run the midi expression 2 android ?. Before using the expression Midi and I worked well but the 2 I can not. It sticks me and is not usable. Some help in code to make it work?

Without MidiManager android studio, which is only androiod 6

Thank you
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Help Midi expression 2 Android

Post by Rob »

Sorry, which MIDI Expression are you using? Does it have a mini-b connector, or a micro USB connector?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just tested all the different devices and they seem to be working fine. I recently fixed an issue sending program change and pitch bend messages in firmware version 2.5.0.5.

Maybe you can download the latest version of the control application and update your firmware.

Regards,
Rob
nashowii

Post by nashowii »

sorry my English, I'm from Chile.

I am using the usb mini-b, that is the midi initially we tested and which work on my android App. But we got other midi expression which has the micro USB input, and can not get it to work. Some guide or tutorial or help to implement it on a tablet android 5
nashowii

Post by nashowii »

Rob wrote:I just tested all the different devices and they seem to be working fine. I recently fixed an issue sending program change and pitch bend messages in firmware version 2.5.0.5.

Maybe you can download the latest version of the control application and update your firmware.

Regards,
Rob
Thanks for the answers.

My problem is that we are using the expression pedal and midi for personal tests. Which I'm creating the application on android. And I need help operating the micro usb midi 2 on my tablet.

Will update the firmware. Thank you
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The micro USB MIDI Expression devices include a keyboard interface. The first time you connect the device, Android will issue a notification asking you to set the type of keyboard it is. Perhaps Android is not allowing you access the device until you select the keyboard type.

Regards,
Rob
nashowii

Post by nashowii »

Hi Rob. Thank you very much for your answer.

So, in order to test if the selection of the keyboard type is blocking the app we need to know how we have to select the type. What kind of message we need to send to the device to select the type and what type we have to select.

This will be very helpful for us, we are stuck we this and we don't know how to move on.

Thank you!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It'll show up as a notification.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just tested again here. Setting the type of keyboard is not nessissary.

Make sure you fully close your application before you plug in the MIDI Expression. If your application is running or still in memory, it might not detect the device--at least that's what happens when I test with the application called USB MIDI Monitor.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

There's one more thing I can think of. Are you using the USB cable that with the MIDI Expression? If you are using a cable that came with a phone charger, it might only be supplying power and no data connection.

Regards,
Rob