Linux user; change incoming hardware cc?

3x5

Linux user; change incoming hardware cc?

Post by 3x5 »

Hello, I bought this converter because it's advertised as plug and play for Linux. Indeed it is---I plugged it in and it worked perfectly for me.

However, I am running Reaper as my DAW, through Wine, a windows emulator, and the MIDI expression program doesn't work with this configuration, as a plugin or standalone. It immediately crashes.

What I want to do is change the incoming CC. If I have a VST that natively controls volume on cc 7, and I want my expression pedal to control cutoff instead, I would like to change this to something else. There are VSTs that allow me to convert one cc to another, but the midi learn function in Reaper supercedes this, meaning that it learns from the incoming cc no matter what.

Also, when you assign actions to cc controls, Reaper learns in the same way, from the incoming cc. This is important for me because I use a foot switch to start and stop recording sometimes, and if this is mapped to cc1, then my mod wheel will also start recording.

Maybe I can get into the firmware via command line, or there's some other solution. What can I do? Thanks.