Bluetooth?

freezer27

Bluetooth?

Post by freezer27 »

This devices are amazing.
Audiofront should implement bluetooth for no USB cables! Wireless MIDI controllers :D
Satri

Re: Bluetooth?

Post by Satri »

+1 :-)

I would gladly pay extra $ for a version of MIDI Expression with built-in Bluetooth connectivity. Cheers -- Alex / Satri
Synth soloist & Moog official beta tester || Maintainer of Animoog.org || My music on animoog.org/satri || ROLI Seaboard RISE, Roland RD-300SX & Theremini
ben.juodvalkis

Post by ben.juodvalkis »

I would love this. Many reasons
Satri

Post by Satri »

After experiencing frequent Bluetooth deconnections with my Seaboard, I'm not that much convinced anymore that a ME device over Bluetooth would work reliably enough. Regards -- Alex
Synth soloist & Moog official beta tester || Maintainer of Animoog.org || My music on animoog.org/satri || ROLI Seaboard RISE, Roland RD-300SX & Theremini
Enkerli

Post by Enkerli »

Satri wrote:After experiencing frequent Bluetooth deconnections with my Seaboard, I'm not that much convinced anymore that a ME device over Bluetooth would work reliably enough. Regards -- Alex
Hm… Been experimenting with the Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adapter. Didn’t have any broken connection and the latency hasn’t bothered me. Will try it on the MEiO once it arrives. In theory, it should work. If so, it can make for an awesome setup.
Enkerli

Post by Enkerli »

Enkerli wrote:
Satri wrote:After experiencing frequent Bluetooth deconnections with my Seaboard, I'm not that much convinced anymore that a ME device over Bluetooth would work reliably enough. Regards -- Alex
Hm… Been experimenting with the Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adapter. Didn’t have any broken connection and the latency hasn’t bothered me. Will try it on the MEiO once it arrives. In theory, it should work. If so, it can make for an awesome setup.
Can now confirm that this setup works really well, at least on iOS.

Here’s a rundown of that specific setup. (Many other configurations are possible.)
My Yamaha WX-11 wind controller is plugged to the MEiO through DIN-5 MIDI in.
My Yamaha MD-BT01 is plugged to the MEiO through DIN-5 MIDI out.
A Marshall footswitch (PEDL 90010) is plugged into one of the MEiO’s ¼ inch pedal inputs.
The USB cable for the MEiO is plugged into a power adapter (actually, just USB power on an IKEA power bar).
My iPad Pro is running Quantiloop with Moog’s Model 15 loaded as AUv3.
Quantiloop is set to connect to the MD-BT01 and, through MIDI Learn, assigned that to the first factory button in Quantiloop (Record/Play…).
Through MIDI Learn, Model 15 uses CC02 from my wind controller to modulate the cutoff frequency of the lowpass filter.

No noticeable latency, no zipping effect in the filter, no disconnection, no problem using the footswitch to activate the looper, no problem whatsoever
This means that my iPad Pro can be plugged directly into a PA system while the rest of my setup is with me, at a certain distance. Tried a similar setup without the MEiO and footswitch, playing in a park. Was able to go 30 feet from the PA system and hear myself as audience members would.
Satri

Post by Satri »

Thanks @Enkerli! Good to know. The issues I've been experiencing are most probably caused by unreliable Bluetooth on the Seaboard itself. I'm happy to learn the Yamaha MD-BT01 works well with Audiofront's ME :-) -- Alex