MIDI Expression Hardware Revision

Rob
Site Admin

MIDI Expression Hardware Revision

Post by Rob »

Updated Hardware

I'm pleased to announce a new hardware revision for both MIDI Expression and MIDI Expression Quattro devices. The new revision allows the polarity of individual inputs to be reversed via the Control Application. This new functionality provides improved support for the following pedals, and eliminates the need to purchase a 3rd party adapter:
  • Yamaha FC-7
  • Korg EXP-1 / EXP-2 / XVP-10
  • Behringer FCV100
  • Others
MIDI Expression devices purchased after May 23rd and MIDI Expression Quattro device purchased after June 8th already contain the updated hardware. This function will not be available to legacy devices as it requires changes to wiring of the device.

Regards,
Robert Jonkman
Michaelhglnd

Re: MIDI Expression Hardware Revision

Post by Michaelhglnd »

This is exactly what I was hoping for, since I use an FC7 expression pedal. Will there be a change to the manual explaining how to set the polarity? And will the setting be remembered when the unit is unplugged? Thanks!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: MIDI Expression Hardware Revision

Post by Rob »

Yes, I will eventually update the manual--perhaps in the next couple of weeks. Like any other setting on MIDI Expression devices, the polarity is set from the Control Application and will persist even after the device is unplugged. Here's is screenshot, which will have to suffice for now. The polarity is switchable by clicking the input type button which is just below the SENSE button.
mec2.2.png
mec2.2.png (48.44 KiB) Viewed 4094 times