Presales question

Audioproduction

Presales question

Post by Audioproduction »

Hi,

This is a presales question about the Midi Expression I/O. My needs are:

1. Connect a Yamaha FC3A pedal and transmit half pedaling midi messages (CC64 0 to 127) to a synth.

2. Rescale note on velocity received from a midi controller before transmitting to a synth.

I read the manual and case #1 seems to be supported.

It is unclear regarding case #2. The best solution would be to rescale the velocity but just adding or subtracting a fixed value would be good enough for my need. My understanding of the documentation is that the midi transformer can increment or decrement the first value of a midi message but can only invert or set a fix number to the second value. If that's the case, it won't be able to process the velocity to meet my need.

Thanks
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Presales question

Post by Rob »

Ya, case number 1 is definitely covered. But ya, it appears that inc/dec the velocity is not supported. I'll put it on my todo list.

Regards,
Rob
Audioproduction

Thank you Rob for the information.

Do you have an idea when a new firmware release with this feature could be made available ?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just checked to make sure there was nothing preventing this from working properly. Seems pretty trivial to add. I'll post here when it's implemented.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's implemented and will be available in the next update, most likely in about 3 weeks.
Audioproduction

Wow, that's a strong commitment regarding product support and evolution !

I have another question. I plan to use the device in standalone mode without a computer. According to the manual: "In standalone mode, MIDI from MIDI in port is merged with MIDI generated by pedals and is routed out the MIDI Out port." Do the midi transformer last settings remain in the device memory at power off and does midi transformer process midi messages in standalone mode ?

Again, thank you for the exceptional support
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Transformer works in Standalone mode just as it does when connected to a computer.
Audioproduction

Great! When the new firmware is available, I will proceed with the purchase and report back.
Thanks